Answers from Storm on livejournal and some dev on the Sandbox forum.
– I’m seeing lack of communication. Nothing about bugs or fix deadlines. – Communications will be stale in the meantime, sadly 🙁
– Will there be automatic restoration of sold premiums or at least restoration of more than one vehicle per account through support? – No information on this matter;
– 1. Why not implement on the RU cluster the possibility in the client to restore sold premiums? The NA server has such a system; 2. Why is a player (a blogger, even) forgiven for using aim assist? – I cannot answer this. I don’t have information on the first, and no rights to answer the second;
Continue reading “Q&A – 11st August 2016”
On the suptertest, changes to low-tier light tanks are being tested. All tier 3 and 4 light tanks recieved changes to their characterstics, which apparently is a first step to the new light tank role.
Below are the changes:
Continue reading “Supertest – light tank changes”
On the 9th August, WoT will turn 6 on the RU server. There are rumors that a new premium tank will make its way into the store on that day, namely the AMX M4 1949, a French tier 8 heavy. Another potential candidate is the Rheinmetall Skorpion G with the exclusive camouflage.
An RU streamer says that the vehicle in question (which name he does not mention) performs outstandingly, even outperforming the famous Type 59.
It is obviously not known whether this will make its way on the other servers.
Below are some screens and stats:
Continue reading “New premium tank on RU”
Interview with Slava Makarov (the brony guy) on Jove stream
Sorry for some confusing sentences, but some of his statements seemed weird. Maybe they’re out of context, but in any case not easy to translate.
– I played console and Blitz, and looking at the PC interface I’m in shock, not about everything of course but it’s different;
– After “Rubicon” we had hearings how it came to this, the leadership of Minsk’ development changed heavily. The lead left us, the designer lead did as well. Currently the decision was made to make me the creative director of tanks;
– “We don’t have such crap on consoles”;
Continue reading “Slava Makarov interview”
Official statement: We have collected a huge amount of statistics and a huge amount of feedback, both of which we’ll need to analyze now. We will then start working on the next milestone. Due to this, the Sandbox server will be shut down on the 21st July (~11:00 MSK – 10:00 CEST) temporarily.
The development team is thanking everyone who took part in testing, wrote commentaries and asked interesting questions.
In the next week, we’ll tell you about which conclusions we made and which thoughts occured after processing the information. We’ll also tell what to expect in future iterations of the Sandbox. Watch the news!
We can already say as much: the next step will be adding tier 8 and 9 tanks. We plan to fix most of the bugs found by you and continue work on game mechanics which were already implemented. More information about the changes and launch date will come in the future.
Continue reading “Sandbox paused temporarily”
Based on player’s feedback and as part of SPG stun tuning, the duration of stun for all vehicles of this type was decreased by 25–30%.
We have implemented changes that are aimed at increasing the survivability of light tanks in battle, allowing them to combat Tier X vehicles more efficiently. The mobility of vehicles of this type is high; therefore, there is no need to change it. It is the increase in vehicle durability that will contribute to their better survivability in battle.
Continue reading “Sandbox 1.0.4 patchnotes”
- SPG stun comprises two components: base stun duration, which depends on shell characteristics, and additional stun time, which depends on damage caused. We have changed the mechanics of the base stun duration — it has increased slightly, while the additional stun time slightly decreased. Now, stun depends more on shell characteristics and became a little more predictable.
- Negative effect of stun on turret traverse speed and aiming time slightly increased.
- If stun’s duration is fewer than 3 seconds, it is not applied to the vehicle.
The Conqueror Gun Carriage was similar to the T92 in battle in terms of its behavior. To accentuate the difference in the vehicles’ behavior, the following changes were made:
- Aiming time of the B.L. 9.2-in. Howitzer Mk. II gun changed from 6,5 s to 6,6 s.
- Reload time of the B.L. 9.2-in. Howitzer Mk. II gun changed from 55 s to 59 s.
- Dispersion on barrel move of the B.L. 9.2-in. Howitzer Mk. II gun increased by 40%.
- Penetration of the HE Mk. 18 shell for the B.L. 9.2-in. Howitzer Mk. II changed from 47 mm to 46 mm.
The battle effectiveness of three SPGs was boosted. We are still looking for ideal damage caused/ stun ratio of damage for SPGs.
- G.W. E 100:
- Aiming time of the 21 cm Mörser 18/2 gun for the G.W. E 100 turret changed from 5,5 s to 5,2 s.
- Reload time of the 21 cm Mörser 18/2 gun for the G.W. E 100 turret changed from 45 s to 43 s.
- Reload time of the 240 mm Howitzer M1 for the T92 turret changed from 55 s to 54 s.
- Bat.-Châtillon 155 58:
- Reload time of the Canon de 155 mm gun for the Batignolles-Châtillon 155 mle. 58 turret changed from 60 s to 55 s.
- Traverse speed of the Batignolles-Châtillon 155 mle. 58 turret changed from 8 deg/s to 7 deg/s.
The following vehicles were too effective in battle. Therefore, their characteristics were changed.
- T57 Heavy Tank:
- Reload time of the 120 mm Gun T179 for the T169 turret changed from 28 s to 35 s.
- Penetration of the AP-T M358 shell for the 120 mm Gun T179 changed from 290 mm to 270 mm.
- Penetration of the HEAT-T M469 shell for the 120 mm Gun T179 changed from 315 mm to 300 mm.
- AMX 50 Foch (155):
- Dispersion on the move with the AMX 50 Foch (155) suspension increased by 25%.
- Dispersion on hull traverse with the AMX 50 Foch (155) suspension increased by 25%.
- Reload time of the 120 mm AC SA46 gun for the AMX 50 Foch (155) turret changed from 23 s to 30 s.
The following vehicles were too ineffective in battle. Therefore, their characteristics were changed.
- AMX 50 B:
- Traverse speed of the AMX 50 B suspension changed from 20 deg/s to 28 deg/s.
- Traverse speed of the AMX 50 B turret changed from 24 deg/s to 28 deg/s.
- Object 263:
- Dispersion on the move with the Object 263 suspension decreased by 25%.
- Dispersion on hull traverse with the Object 263 suspension decreased by 25%.
- Aiming time of the 130 mm S-70A gun for the Object 263 turret changed from 2,5 s to 2,2 s.
- Dispersion on barrel move of the 130 mm S-70A gun decreased by 50%.
- FV215b (120):
- Aiming time of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 for the FV215 turret changed from 2,5 s to 2 s.
- Reload time of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 for the FV215 turret changed from 10,5 s. to 9 s.
- Dispersion on turret traverse of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 decreased by 43%.
- Bat.-Châtillon 25 t: in one of the previous iterations, we removed one shell from this vehicle’s magazine. This was connected with the fact that even considering the decrease in single-hit damage, the potential damage per magazine still remained high since the amount of HP of many other vehicles was reviewed. All further changes to this vehicle are conditioned by our searching for a new gameplay niche where this vehicle can be played most comfortably.
- Aiming time of the 105 mm mle. 57 (D. 1504) for the Batignolles-Châtillon 25 t turret changed from 2,2 s to 1,9 s.
- Rate of fire for shells in the magazine for the 105 mm mle. 57 (D. 1504) gun decreased by 9%.
- Durability changed from 1,500 HP to 1,600 HP.
- Improved armor protection of the hull.
- Traverse speed of the T110E3 suspension changed from 16 deg/s to 22 deg/s.
- Reload time of the 120mm AT Gun M58E1 for the T110E3 turret changed from 10,6 s to 9,3 s.
- T-54 ltwt. Because the vehicle’s hull traverse speed in version 1.0.2 hindered the vehicle’s controllability and caused skidding, we made controlling the vehicle at high speed more comfortable.
- Traverse speed of the T-54 ltwt. version suspension changed from 78 deg/s to 70 deg/s.
- Traverse speed of the T-54 enhanced ltwt. version suspension changed from 78 deg/s to 70 deg/s.