Team Battle was introduced to the game on 08/11/2013 with the 0.8.9 update and got discontinued on 11/07/2019. This unique game mode allowed you to build small teams of 5-7 members and engage in highly competitive skirmishes with other similar teams.
Today’s equivalent of it is Onslaught which isn’t exactly what a competitive game mode in World of Tanks should be. Filled with Role Skills, Objectives on the map, and increased HP of tanks are distorting this game mode.
Why did the developers decide to make these changes to the maps?
Currently, our players don’t get very much interaction with the maps. They can break fences, trees, and some large objects, but that’s about it. We want to give them the ability to dynamically change situations in battle, especially by interacting with the environment. Our goal is to immerse the player further into the game through rich and vibrant visual effects, building a system that allows them to interact more with the gameplay.
• Tank repair cost: from 26,400 to 27,600 credits Firepower:
• Turret traverse speed: 27.12 to 33.38°/sec
• Movement dispersion (max.): 0.22 (11.00) to 0.15 (7.50)
• Hull traverse dispersion (max.): 0.22 (7.80) to 0.15 (5.32)
• Dispersion from turret traverse (max.): 0.08 (2.17) to 0.10 (3.34)
• Reload time: 10.45 to 9.11 sec
• Aiming time: 1.63 to 1.92 sec
• Rate of fire: 5.74 to 6.59
• Damage of 1 (APCR): 420 to 410
• Damage of 2 (HEAT): 420 to 410
• Damage of 3 (HE): 510 to 525