Part of the Wargaming team has been working on the Modern World of Tanks for a long time.
Title of the game: “Project CW”. In mid-June 2023, the first tests took place. You can see similarities from other WG games that were canceled earlier (Project Excalibur).
The so-called World of Tanks 2.0 is an armoured warfare-themed multiplayer online game developed by Wargaming, featuring combat vehicles of the Cold War (1970s and beyond).
The game engine is unknown.
You can also see that the developers were inspired by Battlefield [this can be seen in many places].
Notable ones include:
- The main game mode’s objective is to capture several key locations that take away points from the enemy team (as in Battlefield) with enabled respawning.
- Modern tanks and maps. (T-62 mod. 1975, Leopard 1A6 Jager, M60 IFP)
- Strong binding of the tank to a specific hero (character) – like on Consoles.
- There is a game mode with bots.
- Advanced tank customization.
- Body kits / other elements can fly off the tank.
- The abundance of consumables in the form of: smoke grenades, calling a helicopter / air strike / drone.
- dynamic elements.
The game is first of all aimed at the markets of Europe and the USA. WG has serious plans for this game.
If WoT 2.0 will be fully released in the RUBY region, then definitely not be under the patronage of Lesta.
Release: NOT before the fall of 2024 on WGC, Steam.