Get ready Commanders, we’re going to test some adjustments to game mechanics that will encourage even greater precision in-game! We’ll be monitoring the impact of these changes closely while this event is active to ensure we continue to provide the best possible player experience. If we identify any issues with this test, we will revert these changes back to normal.
During the Loaded Dice event you will play with exact Penetration & Burn Damage values, and the variability of Damage will be reduced for greater predictability.
What does all of this mean?
Currently, Penetration, Damage, and Burn Damage are calculated in-game within a variable range from their listed average values (sometimes referred to as Random Number Generation or RNG). Basically, every time you hit your opponent, the amount of armor that your shells will penetrate and the amount of damage that you deal is within a +/-25% range from the displayed average values.
For example, let’s say that you are firing AP shells that have a penetration value of 100 and a damage value of 100. Every shell you fire will have the effects of the round calculated in two stages:
100 Penetration (+/- 25%) then 100 Damage (+/- 25%)
In this example, every AP shell you fire would have a possible Penetration range of 75 – 125mm worth of armor (with the exact value being a random number generated from within this range). Likewise, shells that penetrate would then have a possible Damage range of 75 – 125 damage (again, with the exact value being a random number generated from within this range).
Please note that during the event, the in-game UI will still display the usual range of values for Penetration and Damage and will not reflect the changes made during the event.
The Loaded Dice Event!
During the Loaded Dice Event, your shells will always penetrate the exact amount of armor listed in-game (100mm worth of armor using the example above). Damage will continue to vary, though damage will be toned down to +/- 10% of the listed value (so a shell listed as doing 100 damage will randomly inflict between 90 – 110 damage during this event).
To make things easier to understand, here is what you can expect during the Loaded Dice Event:
- Shell Damage: +/-25% variability reduced to +/-10%.
- A round that penetrates will do +/- 10% of its displayed damage value.
- Example: If a rounds average damage is 250 and you penetrate, your possible range of damage will be between 225-275.
Note: An HE shells splash damage will still vary as the splash damage dealt is determined by the armors thickness
- Penetration: +/-25% variability removed from Penetration.
- A rounds penetration value is its displayed value and will no longer have a range applied.
- Example: If a rounds penetration value is 150mm, it will always penetrate 150mm worth of armor.
- Burn Damage: +/-25% RNG removed from Burn Damage.
- The damage per second of burn will no longer vary and will provide a more consistent burn.
- The length of burn will continue to vary.
- Each vehicle still has its own burn damage per second factor.
Furthermore, the Aiming reticle color in-game will now indicate the following while the Loaded Dice Event is active:
Red = 100% Penetration
- If your aiming circle is Red, you have 100% chance to penetrate the armor you are looking at.
- Note: The aiming circle only accounts for the armor panel you are aimed at. If you are aimed at Spaced armor it is only indicating that you can penetrate the spaced armor plate and doesn’t mean you will be able to penetrate all layers of armor.
Orange = 50% Penetration
- If your aiming circle is Orange, you have a 50% chance to penetrate the armor you are looking at.
- There is a 50% chance that the armor you are looking at can be penetrated 100% of the time.
- There is a 50% chance that the armor you are looking at can be penetrated 0% of the time.
Yellow = 0% Penetration
- If your aiming circle is Yellow you have 0% chance to penetrate the armor you are looking at.