From EU portal.
Starting the second week of February, we’ll be launching a series of critical tests of the current game mechanics on the Sandbox server. As we work on the future of the game, we’ll show you draft concepts so that we can receive your feedback, have a discussion, and decide its future. Therefore, we invite you to take part in the upcoming tests and share your opinion on our ideas to improve your gameplay experience.
Some of the changes you’ll see in the tests (revisions to HE shells and artillery mechanics) have already been presented to the community before. Your feedback helped us develop the changes that we are now going to assess.
The very essence of the Sandbox is to enable developers and players to forge the game’s evolution together. It’s a way of collaborating that has already proven its effectiveness. The tests we are doing now are important and your help is valuable, so please join and share your opinion. Welcome to Sandbox 2021, Commanders!
Here are some examples of what kind of changes you’ll have the opportunity to try out during the Sandbox tests. This list is far from complete—more detailed information will be available in dedicated articles before running each test:
- Decreased damage from HE shells that hit the front of well-armored vehicles.
- Reduced artillery stun time.
- More discernible traces of artillery shells.
- “Arty Lamp”—a new feature that informs a player when an enemy SPG has fired.
- Revamped Crew 2.0—new and reworked skills and perks, a new system of crews and their progression, and a new Instructor entity. You’ll also learn how your current crews will be converted to the new system.
For detailed information about every Sandbox test and the new features undergoing evaluation, read the dedicated article that will be published shortly before the respective test. The first test will kick off on February 8, where you’ll have the opportunity to try out the changes to the mechanics of HE shells. Follow the news and stay tuned—it’s going to get interesting!
Rewards for Participating in the Tests
Sandbox tests are extremely important, and we’d like to thank all active participants for their contribution and engagement.
During the test period, you will have access to special missions on the Sandbox server. By completing them, you can earn special Tokens. You will be able to exchange Tokens for the missions you complete during each test for useful rewards of your choice on the live servers before the start of the next Sandbox. Look out for more details on this later.
In the game’s main client, you’ll be able to exchange them for useful items of your choice:
- A new 2D style*
- Four unique decals**
- Days of WoT Premium Account
- Personal Reserves for credits, Combat XP, Free XP, and Crew XP
* You can also get the 2D style for free. To do this, you need to actively take part in at least two Sandbox launches. The 2D style will become available in the Store during tests, not after the first iteration, but we will consider the player’s progress in the first tests when crediting it. More details on when the 2D style will be credited to players’ accounts will be available later.
** After each launch of the Sandbox, a new decal will become available to exchange for Tokens in the Store. All 4 decals will become available after the completion of the fourth and final iteration of testing. After the first launch of the Sandbox, it will be possible to exchange your Tokens for one unique decal (for testing the reworked HE shells). You’ll be able to purchase it as many times as you want.
All participants who play at least 5 battles will be able to leave their feedback via a special survey. These answers will be the primary source of information we will use to understand how good the proposed changes are. This is the most efficient way for you to express your opinion and influence future changes in World of Tanks.
If the tests show unsatisfactory results, the changes won’t be added to the game!
How to Participate in Sandbox Tests
- Download the Sandbox launcher.
- Install the Sandbox client by launching the downloaded file. If you’re running the Game Center for the first time, you’ll have to authorize and restart the downloaded installation file.
- Wait until the Sandbox client is downloaded and installed.
- Head to the World of Tanks tab, select World of Tanks Sandbox, then click Play.
The first Sandbox server with the revised HE shell mechanics will be available on Monday, February 8.
We need your help to make World of Tanks even more enjoyable! This is your chance to determine how your favorite game will evolve and what it will look like in the future. Take part in the upcoming tests, try out the updated mechanics, and leave your feedback—we’ll try to make every voice heard! You’ll also be able to fill out the relevant surveys and say what you think about our proposals.