Note: this Q&A is from 11 April. Somehow it slipped under my radar at the time.
Amway921 and Anton Pankov (Seb: the guy who doesn’t play the game) interview.
- A large number of our employees say that their productivity has increased due to working from home – you don’t spend time on the road, you can work all day in underpants at the computer 😆
- WoT will live for a long time, 10 years for sure. Now we see that the audience is changing. A lot of young people appeared, who began to play our product. If anything could ruin World of Tanks, it is only ourselves. Some of our wrong actions, mistakes. Gladly, the game has a long and happy life ahead.
- The most abundant age audience is 25-35 years. This is a fairly adult-populated game.
- For the CIS server, at the moment the servers are designed to accomodate approximately 1 million players concurrently online. At the moment we have no problems with server hardware.
- We had one tough situation when it comes to player bans for illegal mod usage: the relatives of one player from Europe turned to us and told us about the situation of the player with disabilities, and we have many of those, getting banned. They told us that they added some mods for him – because it is naturally very difficult for these people to aim, but they do want to play and enjoy the game. And what to do in this case with illegal mods? The question of morality is not so simple.
Murazor still works for us, doing one secret project with a team of like-minded people. He is seemingly cheerful, gets a good salary, and he is pleased with everything. What he is doing now, he is doing very well.
– Work on WoT Classic is in progress, but very slowly. I personally would like it to be faster. Priority is small.
General statistics (without breakdown into class), these maps are the most banned:
The following maps are the least banned:
2. Mt. Pass
The difference gap between the maps is very small, the list is very tight. There are more city maps banned, because now there are more Light tanks. This list is very lively, changing every month.
- The Public Test is sometimes launched at the wrong time or is postponed, because this is a working platform for us, and not an entertainment center where you can shoot gold without limits. In order for the version to release normally, it must go through several iterations on the Public Test.
- Modern tanks, World of Tanks 2.0 as a separate game: the idea is cool and good, but we have so much work with the main World of Tanks now that we even have no time to raise our heads and think about it. There are no thoughts in this direction.
The use of core classes (MT/HT/TD) is much more popular than Arties and Lights. If we are talking about tier 10, then approximately 5-20% of all shells are “gold”. Heavily dependent on the tanks and the audience of the tanks (gold-dependent tanks and Global Map audience). For example, on rare tanks, those in the hands of experienced players like the T95/FV4201 Chieftain and Object 279, it is higher. Arty sees the least gold usage, LT is a bit more than that. Usage also varies by game mode. In Ranked battles (especially at high ranks) the percentage of gold shells is very high, up to 100%. In the Frontline it’s logical that it is far lower, because the players usually farm credits.
And some interesting numbers:
Tanks that fire the least amount of gold shells:
1. Grille 15
3. AMX 13 105
Tanks that fire the most gold shells:
3. T95/FV4201 Chieftain
- Bond store updates depend on how many bonds are in the hands of the players, among other things.
- We are selling plenty of 3D styles but not in the way we would like. Because the labor costs for these styles are quite substantial – in fact, quite equal to making a brand new tank. Sadly, we do not possess technology for custom customization and in the near future you won’t be able to add spare tank barrels, tracks etc. Unfortunately, it is labor-intensive and expensive.
And yes, we do keep designing 3D styles, but slowly. Ideally, I would like 2-3 of these styles for each tank in the game.
- T-22 Med. for bonds – definitely not.
- The appearance of the Т-44-100 Radar style in other CIS countries or Europe depends solely on the desire of your local providers to work with us. If we find a good partner, provider, then we will agree and do it. If not – alas, no.
- Thank you for your feedback on the 2020 edition of Black Market, I personally appreciate your thousands of dislikes for the video, although the video itself did not deserve it, because it was really well made. In general, we are satisfied with the Black Market, we understand dissatisfaction with the assortment. We will take that into account, draw conclusions for the future. In general, the concept is cool as the BM itself, and its promotional part with bids, we will repeat.
- At the moment we have no plans for Waffentrager auf E 100. STOP ASKING, NO!
- So far, no work is underway on a new personal campaign. Let’s see now how the first season of the Battle Pass will end. Perhaps we will do something based on it.
- Work on the Referral Program 3.0 is not currently underway.
- FV4201 Chieftain – the prerogative of clan fighters. We do not plan to sell it anywhere else.
What awaits wheeled tanks.
1. The primary goal of edits is to make wheel damage slow down the car more.
2. Next we will see whether it helps or not; if it doesn’t help, we’ll go along the path of changing the performance characteristics (reducing engine power / maneuverability), and also fix a couple of artifacts with the combat experience. Perhaps we will give experience on assist damage after destroying a wheel.
• the wheeled tanks accumulate almost 2 times more distance travelled in a match than any other LT, despite the fact that their dynamics are only 20% better;
• they damage more opponents per battle – more than other LTs by 12%. In this case, the amount of damage done is roughly the same;
• the wheeled tanks also tend to cause the most collisions with friendly tanks. Watch where you are going.
– Account resetting. It seems to me that the vast majority who ask to reset the stats want to start from scratch in terms of statistics. Stats mean a lot to many. We are not going to do anything here and do not see any special super value in this, etc.