From NA forum administrator Ghostprime:
Beginning tomorrow, we will be rolling out a new common test to test the new Physics Engine for world of Tanks!
We will update this thread when the CT version is ready to download.
Here is a Preview of the Patch note, so you know what to expect.
• Suspension will allow the vehicle to roll over minor terrain irregularities (pits, rails, curbs) without losing speed.
• Fixed situations where a vehicle could get stuck on slight terrain bumps up to 60 cm high, such as shell-holes, rails, basements of destroyed buildings, rocks, hummocks, or debris. Also, vehicles will not lose speed when rolling over a slope with one of their tracks.
• If the vehicle has enough speed, it can jump over ditches, ruts, etc.
• Added temporary change to gun depression upon sudden forward start and braking. This change is experimental. The change in gun depression is caused by a slight decline of the vehicle hull when engaging suspension at the moment of forward start or braking.
Improvements to Vehicle Controllability on the Move:
• Decreased the loss of speed upon turning a moving vehicle.
• Turns will become smoother.
• Improved control over turn radius—now it will be easier to turn the vehicle by a required number of degrees. To control the turn radius, press or release the “W” button while holding down a direction button (“A” or “D” for left and right turn respectively). At the same time, if you release the “W” button, the vehicle will sharply decrease its turn radius without a significant loss of speed, and it will be possible to continue the turn by holding down “W” again. This can be used to effectively flank enemy heavy tanks.
New Vehicle Maneuvers Using the Handbrake:
• When reaching the required speed, a turn with the use of the handbrake will result in a sharp change in movement trajectory (“police turn". To perform a police turn, block one of the tracks. To initiate a turn, hold down either W+A (for left turn) or W+D (for right turn), then press the Space bar.
Vehicle Interaction upon Collisions
• The new physics will add the ability to overturn an enemy vehicle upon collision if its hull is slightly elevated or the vehicle is standing down a slope. A number of additional factors influence this ability, such as the difference in vehicle weights, vehicle engine power, angle of attack, traction, etc.
An overturned vehicle will be destroyed after 30 s. If a vehicle is laying on its side or roof, it can be easily turned over onto its tracks again with the help from another vehicle.
• An enemy vehicle can now be pushed off a vertical surface, such as a bridge or mountain. That vehicle can also get overturned as the result of the fall.
Interaction with Surface
• Added the graphical effect of skidding.
• Changed the behavior of vehicles and how their weight is perceived by the player.
• Vehicles can roll over visibly surmountable objects on the map.