If you’re actively playing World of Tanks you should know that patch 9.7 is about to hit the common test servers .Although the exact date is currently unknown – there was a leak on the RU forums saying it will be this week. Who knows? Time will tell.
The official RU WoT YouTube channel posted a video regarding ‘toxic behavior’ of some players and how they will be sanctioned.
– they label violations in 3 categories: game chat violations, unsportsmanlike conduct (attacking or pushing allies) and forbidden player and clan names (racism, group hatred and so on)
– they talk about their automatic system that punishes team killers and AFKers
– their system of combating bots, which analyses user data and statistics has removed 80% of them, while the rest seem to be using other improved software
-there is on-going work on improving the graphical interface on reports and the detection algorithms of various violations
The patch notes have also been released so let’s have a look.
– Bigworld engine version upgraded to 2.8.1 (Harlow: this should increase the performance on a large variety of PCs plus allows the motion physics to be added in the game)
– French tier 2-5 vehicles added (R35, FCM36, Somua S35, SARL42, Renault G1)
– French tier 9-10 vehicles added (AMX 30 Prototype, AMX 30 B)
– Supertesters recieve following tanks for testing: FV201/A45, 8.8cm Krupp-Steyr Waffentrager, Object 244
– Following tanks were reworked to HD: IS-4, JagdPz E-100, Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H, ELC AMX, E-100, T26E4 SuperPershing.
– added new Overlord map (Harlow: this is the Omaha beach-inspired map. Kudos to Wargaming for creating such a splendid map.)
– Live Oaks maps was rebalanced (finally.)
– Effects improved on following maps: Karelia, Westfield, El-Halluf, Airfield. (Harlow: It seems that it will have no performance changes.)
– fixed a significant number of freezes and crashes of the client
– reworked certain effects of shell impacts when hitting ingame objects
– added the option to move people from your contact list in a certain group of contacts around to the recipient group with a single click
– fixed a large number of bugs in the new contact list interface
– fixed descriptions of some individual missions
– fixed some bugs in Stronghold interface
– fixed some small general UI bugs
– fixed the bug where the motion blur displayed incorrectly
– fixed some issues with replay recording
– fixed a calculation error in HE shell spaced armor penetration, when hitting the spaced armor made the client think main armor was penetrated and created an “internal explosion” effect, which could kill all the crewmembers, even though under correct circumstances, only a half od the crew would die from such an explosion (Harlow: So yeah, that’s good news for E-100 drivers)