Through the years WG got away with almost everything they wanted to. The newest marketing trick that WG started to use is the “Fear of Missing Out” technique. Simply releasing a tank in limited quantity/in loot boxes for a limited time is enough for the entire community to waste all of their resources/money on it. In most cases, players are willing to waste all of their in-game currency for a single tank.
The people who are buying “exclusive & limited” content are the ones who are constantly complaining about the wrong direction WG took many years ago.
After releasing broken tier8/tier9 premium tanks it’s easy to notice that WG can get away with everything because the playerbase will continue purchasing every single new addition no matter what.
Most of the players are participating in these wasteful events without any reasonable logic, several accounts are just holders of everything and the obtained “grails” are just sitting in “their” garage.
This game won’t go into the right direction anytime soon because of it. All of you can complain about matchmaking problems, balancing problems, map rotation problems, etc. and WG won’t bat an eye because simply adding something new can distract everyone from the problems.
Overpowered premium tanks / overpriced “collector” tanks are going to be the future of the game because none of the players can hold themselves back from getting their hands on them.
The rotation of newly released meta/broken tanks will continue no matter what (after the Skoda T 56 and BZ-176 you can expect anything)
About the currently ongoing Assembly Shop event; I would like to congratulate to every degenerate who wasted most of their resources on a tank which is worse in almost every characteristics in comparison to the tech tree counterparts. You gave the signs to WG that everything can be released no matter what and as overpriced as possible because it is going to be bought in seconds without hesitation.
I have a long list of problems which is piling up for years and years that I would like to share to remember:
- Overpowered premiums. ~In order:
(Skorpion G, Defender, Chrysler GF, Progetto mod.46, OBJ. 703-II, LT-432, EBR. 75 fl, Bourrasque, Skoda T 56, BZ-176)
- Overpowered tech tree/reward vehicles. ~In order:
(Obj. 268 V4(nerfed), Object 279e, T95/FV4201 Chieftain, Kranvagn(nerfed), Vz. 55, AMX M4 54(nerfed, still strong))
- The SirFoch incident. (stood up against the Chrysler GF which was hilariously broken at the time)
- Halloween 2018, 2019 and 2022 being mediocre.
- The Soviet tech tree rework and the debacles that came afterward. (Obj. 263 and Obj430. moved to tier9 and removing the SU-122-54)
- Failed to completely deliver the German tech tree rework. (the Maus and Rhm. Panzerwagen line still suffers to this day.)
- Nearly killed the possibility of an American tech tree rework.
- Failed to deliver the Chinese tech tree rework as well.
- The 3-5-7 rule and the MM rule rework made a lot of tanks out of meta.
- The top tier French wheeled LTs are broken (everything is fine below tier 8, but the tier 8 premium and the tier 10 tech tree one is broken)
- Added the British LTs to the game despite how bad they are.
- Adding “copy” premiums that are better than their original freemium versions.
(AMX 50 100 vs. Somua SM, T-44 vs. T-44-100, AT-15 vs. Turtle, Emil I vs Emil 1951)
- Added fake tanks to fill the gaps for almost all nations.
- Hinted at and then proceeded to drop the European tech tree. (It weren’t \”interesting\” enough or not enough tanks so \”no more tanks.\” apparently)
- Not removing arty when they had the chance. And arguably made them worse than their original versions.
- Forcing Arty down our throats with missions for the 2nd campaign.
- Removed maps that people liked. Said they will rework these maps and dropped half of them completely soon after.
- Added new maps, turns out they are unbalanced and said they would implement new changes to them. We still have not received those changes yet.
- Bringing back Province when there are better maps to bring back like South Coast, Swamp, Sacred Valley, Windstorm. (Remember they remade Province 3 times, but the changes they implemented are almost useless. It boils down to either 2 min. team wipes or 15 min. long slug feasts just like it always does. This is why they removed it in the first place)
- Turned the remaining maps into MOBA maps, 3-2 lanes with a jungle. (see Abbey, Erlenberg, Studzianki)
- Years ago the Shell/HP rework turned out to be worse than expected (WG reverted these changes) -Which is hilarious as the Blitz team nailed it +3 years ago and all they had to do was to copy and paste its core elements.
- And finally didn’t make Crew 2.0 properly and almost scrapped it. If WG wouldn’t want to make everything new Pay2Progress, Crew 2.0 could be already out with a lot of great additions.
These are the major problems from what I can remember off the top of my head and this list will just expand over time thanks to the community.