Based on testing results, we’re applying changes to I-56, S-189, Álvaro de Bazán, Vallejo, Agano, Shimanto, and Tromp.
These changes will be implemented on the live server on Thursday, August 25:
Japanese submarine I-56, Tier VIII
- Main battery reload time reduced: 2.25 to 1.8 s.
Soviet submarine S-189, Tier VIII
- Range of acoustic homing torpedoes increased: 5 to 9 km.
- Sonar ping maximum range increased: 5 to 9 km.
- Sonar ping reload time increased: 8 to 9.5 s.
Spanish destroyer Álvaro de Bazán, Tier X
- Main battery reload time reduced: 6.6 to 6.1 s.
- Burst Fire reload time reduced: 30 to 28 s.
- Torpedo reload time reduced: 95 to 90 s.
American cruiser Vallejo, Tier IX
- Main battery reload time increased: 5.5 to 6.1 s.
- Main battery firing range reduced: 16.7 to 15.7 km.
The following changes will be implemented on the live server with the release of Update 0.11.8:
Japanese cruisers Shimanto, Takahashi, and Yodo
- Armor penetration capacity of HE shells increased: 25 to 30 mm.
Japanese cruiser Agano, Tier V
- Added a Depth Charge Airstrike with similar stats to Furutaka’s.
Japanese cruiser Shimanto, Tier VIII
- Sigma value reduced: 2.05 to 2
Dutch destroyer Tromp, Tier X
- Minimum HE Bomb Airstrike drop distance increased: 1 to 1.5 km.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing.
3 thoughts on “WoWS: Changes to Test Ships – Closed Testing”
And the new branch of IJN light cruisers is still shit even with the HE pen buff.
horrifically bad AA despite having 26 duel purpose long range guns
mobility of a heavy cruiser
terrible DPM due to long reload time of its guns
Like, mobility and health of a heavy cruiser but armour and gun calibre of a light cruiser, but you don’t give the guns light cruiser RoF and make it have the worst AA despite having the most duel purpose AA guns… And to add insult to injury, you make people choose between Hydro and Defensive AA knowing full well that Fighter plane is fucking useless and Def AA could be in that slot instead..
Who knows, maybe after 12 more buffs they may resemble something worth researching.
Remember the Tsushima.
Exactly, I cant comprehend why WG hates AA so much. Theoretically these ships should have some of the best AA capabilities in the game with this amount of dual purpose Guns yet the values are absolute shits. Meanwhile the want to give CVs automatic depth charge airstrikes to make them even more untouchable…