Source: EU Portal
Captains, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.10.0!
Updates to the Commander skill system, Brawls, and other new features. Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the Test!
Round 2 Schedule
Commanders, thank you for participating in the Public Test of Update 0.10.0! Your feedback helps us improve the Update and fix errors. Check out the changelog and join the second session of the Public Test!
Updated Commander Skills
- Bots are turned off for Random Battles in the Public Test. Battles with players only will allow us to get more precise data on updated Commander skills.
- Many of you voiced your concerns about the builds focused on the secondary battery and their efficiency in the new system. We’d like to comment on these concerns: we don’t plan to lower the efficiency of such builds in comparison to Update 0.9.12 and we’ll carefully monitor it. Please keep in mind that the data from the Public Test isn’t enough to make a decision about increasing the efficiency of these builds before the release due to the following reasons:
- There were bots in Random Battles, so the data was distorted.
- The announced extension of the secondary batteries’ ranges will appear only at the second stage.
- We will get back to this question after the second stage of the test, but the possibility that some secondary-focused ships might become too efficient and will need balance changes after the release stops us from making secondary-focused builds stronger before the release. If secondary builds lose their efficiency on the main server, we’ll boost it. Keep in mind that, with the update to Commander skills, builds like these also received some improvements for their main battery, which improves the ship’s overall efficiency.
As we’ve already announced in the Development Blog, the firing range of secondaries on battleships and cruisers was extended. New ranges (in km):
|Tier||Base range||Range with a full build|
- If a ship’s base firing range of secondaries was higher than specified, it won’t be reduced. Also, the detection range of a ship is a limiting factor for the secondary battery range: the maximum possible firing range of secondaries can’t exceed the minimum possible detection range of a ship.
- Many of you said that the names of some skills were confusing. Considering your feedback, we’ll bring back some of the old names and change some of the new ones to make them work better with the old ones.
- VII Atlanta and VII Atlanta B: The base firing range of main battery guns increased from 11.1 to 13.3 km.
- X Colbert: Improved dynamics of acceleration and deceleration.
- The position of skills in the Support part of aircraft carriers’ skills was changed:
- “Focused” costs 2 points instead of 4
- “Flight Director” costs 2 points instead of 3
- “Interceptor” costs 3 points instead of 4
- The speed of patrol fighters on researchable carriers, VI Ark Royal, VI Erich Loewenhardt, VIII Graf Zeppelin, and VIII Graf Zeppelin B was increased to:
- Tier IV—187 knots
- Tier VI—221 knots
- Tier VIII—235 knots
- Tier X—266 knots
The change will increase efficiency of patrol fighters and won’t allow enemy planes to get away from the chase.
- The detectability of patrol fighters on Tier VI, VIII, and X aircraft carriers was increased to 7.5 km. This change will remove a possible situation in the new skills system, when patrol fighters appear right in front of a squadron and don’t leave any time for evasion.
- Effects that increase the squadrons’ engine boost duration no longer increase its restoration time.
- The “Engine Mechanic” skill increases the duration of engine boost by 5% instead of 10%; its improved version increases the duration by 7.5% instead of 12.5%.
- Fixed a bug which caused a commander expecting demobilization to have “In reserve” status.
- Fixed a bug which caused a Commander’s XP bar to overlap with their portrait.
- Balance changes to several ships were made.
- Fixed an error which caused the X Conqueror‘s Unique upgrade to have -13% to turrets rotation speed instead of +13%
- Fixed several other bugs.
Special Features of the Test
- The rewards for activities on the Public Test Server may differ from those on the Live Server.
- Please note: Lunar New Year ships, camouflages, and Commanders will not be available on the Public Test Server.
The Public Test Server will host Brawls in a 3 vs. 3 format in the Arms Race mode, playing Tier X ships. To participate in these Brawls, it’s enough for only the Commander to be a member of a Clan—up to two mercenaries can be invited to each team.
Combat Missions and Rewards
|Play a Random or Co-op Battle.
Reward on the Live Server: 3x signals of each type, except special signals
|Play three Random or Co-op Battles.
Reward on the Live Server: 10x Type 6 camouflages
|Play five battles in Brawls.
Reward on the Live Server: 1x Wargaming container
|Win two victories for each ship type, playing Tier VIII–X destroyers, battleships, cruisers, and carriers in Random Battles or Brawls.
Reward on the Live Server: 3x each of the following special signals: Scylla, Basilisk, and Leviathan
Earn 8,000 base XP in Random Battles playing Tier VIII–X ships.
Reward on the live server: 5x special signals of each of the following types: Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, and Hydra
One Wargaming container provides 1 day of Premium Account.
- At the start of the Public Test, every participant will have all researchable Tier VIII ships, helmed by Commanders with 19 skill points, as well as one Commander of each nation with 21 skill points, credited to their PT accounts.
- Research prices for ships and ship modules will be substantially discounted.
- Players will be able to reset Commander skills free of charge.
If you’re joining the Public Test for the first time since Update 0.9.11, you’ll be awarded the following additional bonuses:
- 500,000,000 credits; 30,000 doubloons; and 90 days of Premium Account.
- 50 signal flags of all types (except special signals) will also be added to your PT account.
If you played at least one battle on the Public Test Server during the 0.9.6–0.9.11 Public Tests, your account will be copied from the Live Server to the Public Test Server.
How to Enter
All information on how to join the Public Test and obtain its rewards is available on a dedicated page of the official website.