We’re continuing the 10th Anniversary celebration of World of Tanks by launching Act III: Rubicon on June 17. You’ll have the opportunity to try out the iconic Sturmpanzer VI Sturmtiger, a true legend of our game. This formidable SPG with unbelievable agility and devastating firepower got stuck in the past on one of the old maps. But for the game’s 10th Anniversary, we’ve freed it from a time loop and reintroduced it to the game, at least for one week of the Active Phase.
June 17 at 05:00 (UTC) through June 24 at 05:00 (UTC)
Prime Times (EU1, EU2): 17:00 UTC — 21:00 UTC
The Ultimate Predator From Your Tank Nightmares
The Sturmpanzer VI Sturmtiger was a real-life SPG produced in limited numbers. This fearsome, heavily armored vehicle could deal monstrous damage, but it was extremely slow, clumsy, and impractical in battle.
In 2014-2015, we spent a long time thinking about how to organically integrate the Sturmtiger into the World of Tanks ecosystem. But due to its contradictory features and very special characteristics, we couldn’t find a suitable place for it in any of the existing branches.
Very quickly, this goliath became a real tank meme, a kind of “urban legend” in the game. It scared novices who saw it in their nightmares. Yet at the same time, the Sturmtiger served as a prototype for some of the assault tank destroyers that later appeared in the game. They inherited their low speed, solid HP pool, and devastating firepower from this unreleased beast.
However, the most attentive commanders could spot the Sturmtiger in the game. It was hiding behind the half-open door of an inconspicuous garage on the Severogorsk map that was removed from the game in Update 0.9.5. World of Tanks veterans, do you remember this beast smiling at you?
The Crouching Sturmtiger is Coming Out to Hunt!
In honor of the game’s 10th Anniversary, the Sturmtiger is leaving its secret shelter in Severogorsk to go hunting for the first time in its digital life. This colossal predator was created based on historical records, and it’s every bit as terrifying as the legends say! But don’t forget that the hunter can become the hunted at any moment, because you’ll have to fight… with nine other Sturmtigers!
In addition to an incredible HP pool (10,000 points), the Sturmtiger boasts monstrous alpha damage. It fires two types of ammo: high-explosive and HEAT shells.
- High-explosive shells have higher velocity but mediocre armor penetration. Their alpha damage is 3,000 points.
- HEAT shells boast insane alpha damage (7,000 points) and impressive armor penetration but lower velocity.
Be sure to choose the most suitable shell type depending on the tactical situation! Here’s how they work in battle.
How to Play
At the start of Act III, you’ll find the iconic Sturmtiger, a Tier X vehicle, in your Garage. Select it and click the “Battle” button to enter the special Crouching Tiger mode. You can choose to play solo or in a platoon with friends.
- Battles take place in a separate game mode between two teams of 10 players on the following maps:
- To win, either capture the base or destroy all enemy vehicles during the battle.
- All players roll out in Sturmtigers, so get ready for extremely intense battles! This may remind veterans of 2014-2015 when the matchmaker sometimes assembled battles with 15 SPGs fighting on each side.
- During the event, the matchmaker will create a separate queue for players fighting in this mode.
- The total battle time is 5 minutes.
- Each team’s vehicles will have different camo colors, so you won’t confuse your allies with your foes.
- Platoons of up to 3 players are allowed. The matchmaker will not permit a platoon imbalance. If one team contains a platoon, so will the other.
- Random Battle achievements can’t be earned.
It’s impossible to mount additional equipment on the Sturmtiger. It also doesn’t have a crew, and you can’t use consumables and directives. In this event, we’ll activate “zero economy” mode, so no credits are spent or earned in battles. You don’t earn XP, vehicles don’t receive damage to their modules (or crew members, of course), and post-battle repairs are free.
Complete Special Missions to Earn Anniversary Coins and Unique Customizations!
Personal, Daily, and Anniversary Missions for the Active Phase can’t be completed in this mode. Instead, special missions rewarding you one Anniversary Coin for each Sturmtiger destroyed will be available.
- Destroy 10 enemy Sturmtigers
- Can be completed in the Sturmtiger only
- Once per account
- Event battle mode
- x6 Good Old Sturmtiger emblems
- Wunderkind medal
Reward for destroying 50 Sturmtigers:
- x6 Arty Slayer inscriptions (RU)
- x6 Arty Slayer inscriptions (EN)
Reward for destroying 100 Sturmtigers:
- x6 Playing With Fire projection decals
- x6 No More Menace! projection decals
- 100 Anniversary Coins
Plus, completing these missions will fill your vault with cool rewards:
- Unique decals
- Cool inscriptions
- An exclusive medal
- A special emblem
Engage in the fiercest of battles and earn exclusive customization elements to show off to your friends!
Tame the crouching Sturmtiger to earn Anniversary Coins and unique customizations!