Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server.
German battleship Ludendorff, Tier IX:
Based on your feedback about the previous name of the ship, we decided to rename it to Pommern, the same name which was historically given to one of the Deutschland-class battleships – in honor of the Prussian province of Pomerania.
Soviet battleship Slava, Tier X:
- Fore- and aft-end plating reduced from 32 to 25 mm;
- Fore-end armor belt’s plating reduced from 150 to 100 mm;
- Armor belt’s plating at the edges of the sides reduced from 430 to 370 mm;
- Armor belt’s plating in the center of the sides reduced from 410 to 350 mm;
- Amount of damage dealt to all parts of the ship except for the citadel, which is restored by the “Repair party” consumable increased from 40% to 50%
- The number of charges of the “Repair Party” consumable increased from 2 to 3.
- AA parameters were changed:
- Continuous AA damage reduced from 452 to 415;
- Damage by short-range AA guns increased from 200 to 203;
- Damage by medium-range AA guns increased from 473 to 476;
- Damage by long-range AA guns reduced from 245 to 193;
- Number of shell explosions in a salvo reduced from 10 to 8.
In her concept, this ship – along with French battleship Champagne – represents a specialized type of battleship that stands out for having more accurate guns but thinner armor.
Slava has a high firing range, effective AP shells with good penetration, and decent AA. However, the ship suffers from a long main battery reload time and an average HP pool.
Italian destroyer Paolo Emilio, Tier X:
- Ballistics parameters were changed. Now shells will fly to the target slightly faster and on a flatter trajectory.
- AP shells replaced with HE shells with the following charactristics:
- Maximum damage – 1,950;
- Chance to cause fire on the target – 9%
- Armor penetration capacity – 23 mm.
According to her test concept, Paolo Emilio is a universal destroyer. Her main features are SAP shells and the “Exhaust smoke generator” consumable. In spite of having a long main battery reload time, the ship is quite a decent artillery platform due to her high damage per salvo. Having SAP and HE shells allows her to choose various targets. SAP shells are most effective against light- and medium-armor targets, and HE shells – against heavily-armored targets. The ship’s high speed, the “Exhaust smoke generator”, and a big HP pool allow the ship to survive under focused fire and change position safely and quickly.
The ship can also conduct frequent torpedo attacks from a long distance due to her long-range torpedoes and fast torpedo tubes reload. However, these torpedoes have low speed and maximum damage.
German aircraft carriers
- AP rockets penetration of Erich Loewenhardt was increased.
- Probability of causing flooding by an aerial torpedo reduced for stock and researchable torpedo bombers of Rhein, Weser, August von Parseval, and Manfred von Richthofen.
- Maximum bomb damage of Rhein’s stock and researchable bombers increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
- Maximum bomb damage of Weser’s stock and researchable bombers and August von Parseval’s stock bombers increased from 5,200 to 7,000;
- Maximum bomb damage of August von Parseval’s researchable bombers and Manfred von Richthofen’s stock bombers increased from 6,100 to 7,800;
- Maximum bomb damage of Manfred von Richthofen’s researchable bombers increased from 7,100 to 8,800;
- Turning speed of August von Parseval’s researchable planes and Manfred von Richthofen’s stock and researchable planes increased by 15%.
- Parameters of stock and researchable attack aircraft and rockets of Manfred von Richthofen were changed:
- Number of rockets in a payload increased from 2 to 4;
- Accuracy settings changed due to a higher number of rockets in a salvo;
- Maximum rocket damage reduced from 5,000 to 2,800;
- 203mm rockets replaced with 83mm rockets.
Source: wows devblog