Responding: Evgeniy Kryshtapovich, regional publishing producer
• The introduction of more modern tanks, built after the 1970s, is not planned. The expansion of the current branches will be equal to the technology of the same era as the tanks already represented within the game.
• The arms race (The phenomena where better and better vehicles are being introduced) is a natural process that can only stop if game development stops completely. The game is constantly evolving, new events, gameplay mechanics appear, and having new mechanics, the tank is already perceived as dominant, even if the other characteristics are the same.
• The fixed prices in the premium store give additional confidence and peace of mind. WG is not going to change prices due to jumps in exchange rates.
• It is not planned to launch a classic server with closed beta test ruleset, as was done recently with the launch of a separate server for WOT version 0.7.0.
• The developers are constantly looking for new mechanics, like wheels or double-barrels, which allow you to get fresh emotions from the usual game.
• We won’t return the general chat on a permanent basis, since “the chat between the competing teams has no positive function.”
• We will not introduce anti-aircraft equipment, since its purpose is somewhat different than to fight against tanks.
The most iconic moments according to Eugene:
• The release of the game in the “night of August 10 to 12” in 2010 – the whole team saw that the work was not in vain.
• The addition of French autoloading tanks to the game – the team understood that new mechanics are necessary for the game.
• The Rubicon is the worst update in history that never came out, “a hard and instructive lesson, here we realized that only together with the players can we make the game better.” (Seb: as if)
• Update 1.0 was a huge work of the entire development team, when once again it proved that there is nothing unattainable with such a team.
• This year, two nations will be updated with new tanks.