Today there will be two new maps on the Supertest – a concept of a new location in Poland, and a map based on the city of Minsk. The first one is a mixed map, the second one being a city map.
Earlier, prototypes were shown, and now the final versions are ready to be tested, so that they can be further tweaked and balanced.
The map faithfully recreates the city of Minsk from the 70s. Although some elements were changed for gameplay reasons, the Victory Square, and the building of the State Circus were recreated very well. Other buildings and landmarks should also be recognizable for the citizens or people who visited.
The map has three main play zones:
- The city zone around the Victory Square – this is the heavy tank crucible
- The middle part of the map – full of bushes and small hills
- The crossing of the main roads is the spot for fast tanks with guts who like flanking – the ideal place for LTs and MTs
This is a big, spacious map, based on real topographic data (with some modifications for better gameplay). Poland will be a big and open map, but also full of opportunities to spot and use your camo. It will deliver a lot of places to shoot from comfortably, and also a lot of places where the lumbering hulks will feel well.
We expect a lot of action in the following places:
- Brickyard – the main, isolated zone for the heavy tanks. From there on you can use the gorge to safely enter the enemy base
- The gorge, beside being a shortcut to the brickyard, will also play a crucial role in keeping control over the center of the map
- The village – it’s on the frontline and cuts it into two parts. There are many bushes between indestructible buildings