Clan-match functionality, the new Pan-Asian branch of Destroyers and deep-water torpedoes—these are just some of what was presented at gamescom during our World of Warships presentation.
Keep your eyes peeled! We will soon be posting in greater detail about what was announced for our upcoming British Battleships and what they will be bringing to the game!
Note: Contents presented below is a work in progress and subject to change.
Clan vs Clan Battle
Clans were introduced some time ago, without any major activities connected to them. Now, as promised, we will be expanding these functionalities greatly. The entire user interface will be available in-game, without the need to use external browsers or other tools!
- The Battle type will be available via the battle mode selector.
- We are enabling clans to compete against each other to prove their superiority in organised group combat.
- Currently, we’re looking at a 7 vs 7 format.
- The Battle Tiers and exact setup may differ over time. The approach will be seasonal, not permanent!
- The battles will be the main source of resources for improving your clan’s naval base, which will benefit all members of the clan.
- Clans will not have purely random matchmaking. It will be based on the clan’s combat value and their effectiveness in previous battles.
- The leaderboard will be a testament to a clan’s performance in battle.
The Clan Naval base will be accessible via the main screen clan profile tab (next to your personal profile)
- Naval Base – each clan will own a base/dock, which will be their “home”.
- This will be the first opportunity in World of Warships to own a collective, group asset!
Within the base, the clan will be able to build dedicated structures, which will provide special bonuses. Some examples of structures are:
- A shipyard, providing cheaper ship purchases.
- A dock, reducing repair costs.
- A research centre, increasing XP gain.
- Headquarters, increasing the clan’s maximum headcount.
- Other structures that will be announced in the future!
All purchases will be done using a special currency dedicated to clan activities (Right now it is called “oil”, but that may be subject to change!)
New Pan-Asian Destroyers
As you may have already known in the previous teaser livestream, a special, new line of Destroyers for the Pan-Asian tree is the first line of multiple nations on different tiers.
This multinational tech tree will be the first of its kind in World of Warships and will be represented by five nations:
- South Korea
This multinational branch will come equipped with special deep water torpedoes, a special type of torpedo that travels deeper in the water and deals more damage! The tradeoff is they travel too deep to hit destroyers but are perfect for dealing heavy damage to capital ships.