The long awaited British Battleship branch is almost here! Grab a sneak peek at what’s in store below, and get started on familiarising yourself with them—you will be seeing them on the high seas very soon!
About British Battleships!
British battleships have two distinctive features that make them ideal for medium range battles: the improved Repair Party consumable and increased penetration rate of their HE shells. Let’s take a closer look at them, amongst other British battleship advantages:
- Repair Party that restores more HP after receiving damage and suffering from fire and flooding, than on other battleships. Only the Premium British battleship Warspite has an equally effective Repair Party.
- High-explosive shells that have an increased penetration rate. This provides an advantage when approaching an enemy battleship, and at a long distance while restoring HP.
- Good armour on Tier III–VI ships. Mighty British dreadnoughts and superdreadnoughts are paving the way due to their armour, especially the bow armour belt.
- Concealment on Tier VII–X ships. Low-tier vigour is set aside in favour of high-tier cunning and stealthy playstyles. Proper concealment compensates weak armour spots and allows for many tactical manoeuvres in a battle.
These gameplay peculiarities make low-tier and high-tier tactics and playstyles on the British battleships different.
Game tactics for the low-tier ships are simple: you need to receive damage and force your way through. The decent high-explosive shells, improved Repair Party, and bow armour belt will make this tactic most effective. However, you shouldn’t relax and expose your hull sides under fire. Like most battleships of the same tier, only Tier V and higher ships have decent AA guns.
On higher tiers, the strictly offensive tempo is replaced with a combined one, which is more uneven, but more interesting and sprightly. The outstanding Repair Party and increased HE penetration rate are supplemented with concealment that is unusual for battleships. High-tier battleships can approach an enemy unnoticed, fire the first salvo, take enemy fire, and then have a break for restoring most of their HP due to the improved Repair Party. If you don’t want to waste your time while Repair Party is activated, you can shoot at enemies with HE shells from a long distance, but you will have to get used to the ballistics.
Stay tuned throughout the month as we introduce more details on the individual ships. On top of that, there will be 3 missions, 1 for each week, thanks to which you will be able to work towards the UK Battleships before they are released, and receive them upon release of the branch! The missions are identical between all regions—be on the lookout on the portal on 09 August!
The following British Battleships are coming to World of Warships:
- Tier III – Bellerophon
- Tier IV – Orion
- Tier V – Iron Duke
- Tier VI – Queen Elizabeth
- Tier VII – King George V
- Tier VIII – Monarch
- Tier IX – Lion
- Tier X – Conqueror