SEB: I would also like to point out that previously leaked info of upcoming German ships is preliminary and will certainly be changed. Don’t make assumptions already, you just need to know that the ships will appear in-game
Thanks to Carnotzet.
Bit more info concerning the revision of patch 0.5.7 .
- They are making sure that the 0.5.7 revision won’t affect 0.5.8 release date.
- Secondaries modules are rolled back to 0.5.6, the bonus planned for tier 9-10 is thus gone. All secondaries of tier 8 ships and below will remain as they are.
1. What does this icon mean ?
A. It’s an interface error. It will be fixed in one of the next updates.
2a. Why is Atago‘s AA configuration not historically accurate ? Will you fix it ?
A. I already answered this question a while ago. Atago‘s doesn’t effectively have a historically accurate AA configuration, but we can’t solve this issue at the moment for balancing reasons (the ship is already borderline overperforming, and a historically accurate AA setup would push it over the top).
2b. Will you remove the ability for planes to see on the other side of terrain ? It is quite strange that planes can see above mountains and islands and in return that ships can shoot at planes through terrain.
A. At the moment, we don’t plan to change this aspect of the game since complex terrain would bring too many factors regarding AA and detection from planes, which players would hardly have an effect on.
3. My question is about Warspite’s waterline. Why is her draught (draft), which according to the waterline mark on the model is at 30 ft (9.14 m), so low compared to the standard 9.35 m, and even lower compared to her draft when fully loaded which is at 10.35 m ? For this reason, in game, the citadel sits at least one meter higher above the water than it should, instead of being hidden under the waterline.
You can clearly see the difference in the following pictures.
A. I reckon we will fix this issue in 0.5.9.
4a. Kutuzov has an insane ability to start fires. In addition to her ability to be completely invisible, it makes you wonder what is the point of a game where money can buy you victories. Do you plan to bring overpowered Kutuzov down in line with the standard ships ? Or is her fate going to be the same as another overpowered ship, Tirpitz, and stay as it is ?
A. She hasn’t an insane ability to start fires. On this matter, Kutuzov is on par with Chapayev, and regarding average damage and win rate, she’s entirely balanced compared to the other tier 8 cruisers.
Moreover, she can’t be completely invisible. The use of smokescreen isn’t as easy as it is for DD’s, she doesn’t have the maneuverability to safely invis fire from smokes (even if it’s possible to pull it off).
In brief, Kutuzov is a good, versatile premium ship.
To answer your questions, we don’t plan to make adjustments.
4b. Should we therefore expect new premium ships to follow this trend of being overpowered ?
A. Among the premium ships we plan to release, there will be versatile ships (easier to play) as well as more complex ones with a particular gameplay. We’re trying to provide different ships for different players. We’re not interested in releasing overpowered ships that can be bought with real money, since this kind of thought process would only bring short term benefits but would considerably tarnish our reputation in the process.
It’s worth to be noted that we never said that premium ships need to be worse than standard ones, they can also be on par with the better standard ships.
5. Why cannot Koenigsberg‘s rear turret turn all the way around (through the front) even if it should be possible according to her model ? Were there any technical constraints or is it because of balancing reasons ?
A. Such algorithm isn’t implemented in the game logic. In patch 0.5.8, we plan to change that so that individual turrets of several ships will be able to rotate 360°. Regarding historicity, some ships were built with limited arcs of fire, however we will not pay too much attention to that if it negatively impacts the game too much.