- You are one of 20 players fighting for victory. It’s every Hunter for themselves!
- Choose to fight solo or join forces with a mate in a Platoon showdown.
- Your main goal is to survive at all costs. Destroy all enemies and be the last Hunter standing.
- Collect special objects (loot) that randomly spawn on the map. These objects contain resources, Combat XP, and Combat Ability charges. You can also pick up loot from destroyed vehicles (Spoils of War).
- The most valuable loot type is the Airdrop. Many players will want to get their hands on Airdrops, so you’ll have to push yourself to the limit to get to them first.
- Eight special vehicles with unique abilities will join the hunt. You will have access to three from the start, and others will be available for rent.
- Steel Hunter has its own in-game currency—Steel Seals—for renting mighty event vehicles.
- You’ll be able to upgrade your vehicles while in battle and get stronger with each new tier.
- Battles will unfold on three huge maps, the playable areas of which will shrink with time. Escape the Destruction Zones that will gradually cause damage until your vehicle is destroyed.
- The total battle time is 15 minutes. Before each battle, you can choose from several spawn points on the map.
- You will receive various rewards for completing special daily missions.
Collect Steel Hunter Tokens by completing special daily missions during the event and unlock valuable rewards, from bonds and credits to directives, crew retraining orders, and much more. See for yourself!
How to Start Playing
To switch to the Steel Hunter event, click the mode selection menu to the right of the Battle! button and select Steel Hunter.
You can also enter battles as a two-player Platoon.
All eight special vehicles available in Steel Hunter have different tactics, gameplay, and Abilities. Each of them can be upgraded from Tier I to Tier VII while in the heat of battle. Three vehicles will be in your Steel Hunter Garage from the start of the event, and the remaining five will be available for rent.
Each vehicle has one regular and one ultimate Combat Ability unique to it:
Additionally, there are two Combat Abilities that are common for all vehicles, as follows:
Recovery: Gradually recovers a fixed percentage of the vehicle’s HP, but stops working if you take damage.
Repair Kit: Repairs vehicle modules (analogous to Large Repair Kits) and reduces stun duration.
Vehicle Upgrade System
To upgrade your vehicle, you need to earn Battle XP by picking up loot and damaging enemies. Each level offers two modules to choose from. They change the characteristics and appearance of the vehicle right in the middle of the battle.
You can choose from various upgrades to suit a wide range of different playstyles.
Steel Hunter Economy
Steel Hunter has its own in-game currency: Steel Seals. These can be earned based on your position in the post-battle ranking or for completing special daily missions. You can use Steel Seals to rent special vehicles. The higher you place, the more Steel Seals, credits, and Combat XP you earn. And don’t forget that you can convert Combat XP into Free XP!
Steel Hunter will also have a permanent bonus to credits and Combat XP from WoT Premium Account and allow you to earn 50% more Steel Seals. Additionally, you can now take advantage of the following:
- Personal and Clan Reserves for extra Combat XP and credits
- A 15% bonus to credits and XP when playing in a Platoon
Three of the eight event vehicles—the Varyag, the Raven, and the Arlequin—will always be available in your Steel Hunter Garage. You can rent the others for free for a day, but each subsequent rental will cost you a certain number of Steel Seals. The rental time is five days.
|HARBINGER MK. IV||350|
Special Daily Missions
Special daily missions are also available in Steel Hunter and can only be completed once per day. Successful missions will reward you with credits, Steel Seals, and Steel Hunter Tokens.
You can complete missions fighting solo or in a Platoon of two.
On the hunt for more rewards? Keep collecting Steel Hunter Tokens to get your hands on a whole lot of valuable goodies. The more Steel Hunter Tokens you collect, the juicier the rewards will be.
Steel Hunter Statistics
You can track your battle effectiveness in Steel Hunter via the Service Record → Statistics tab in your Garage. Select “Steel Hunter” from the dropdown menu of available game modes to see the number of vehicles you’ve destroyed, as well as your average damage per battle, number of wins, and other stats.
7 thoughts on “WoT: Steel Hunter Returns!”
Let’s see, did they learn anything from last year.
Rentals are one of the worst and insulting systems in the game, in SH and out, so naturally they kept it. -1 point.
Statistics make any fun mode into a competitive tryhard mode, no mode should have them if you want your playerbase to have fun. -1 point.
Another easy hard avoid. And that’s from a person that used to enjoy SH.
didnt wg say that Experimental equipment was going to be a reward from steel hunter? Its absence is quite interesting if that was the case.
This steel hunt is so wank. I don’t know why they keep putting it on.
Just add mirny and frontlines
Rewards are very underwhelming for the time and effort in this mode
I bet your wife says that about you
Earth better place without O2 wasting creatures such as yourself