We are ready to share the information about the main news of the upcoming update.
In Update 0.11.7 the construction of Puerto Rico at the Dockyard will begin.
- Ship construction at the Dockyard will consist of 40 phases;
- These shipbuilding phases can be completed by progressing through Dockyard combat missions or by spending 1,750 Doubloons to pass through each phase.
- The combat mission groups can be completed during Updates 0.11.7, 0.11.8 and first three weeks of 0.11.9. The Dockyard will remain available until the start of Update 0.11.10;
- In total, you can progress through 34 out of 40 shipbuilding phases by completing Dockyard combat missions;
- You will receive rewards for completing each phase:
- The reward for completing phase 25 will be Huron with a 6 skill points commander and a port slot. The Huron camouflage that won the special contest will be added to the game and be available at a later date.
- The final reward will be Puerto Rico with a permanent Ceremonial camouflage, a port slot, a commander with 10 skill points, and a commemorative flag.
If you already own Puerto Rico, upon completing the shipbuilding you will receive a Puerto Rico certificate and special Armory section will be available to you. There you will be able to exchange the certificate for 35,000 doubloons, 33,000 steel, 63,000 Research Points or 264,000 coal of your choice. Thus, for completing the shipbuilding you will be able to purchase any other available Tier X Resource ship.
You will be able to complete Dockyard combat missions even if you finish building Puerto Rico with doubloons. However, instead of shipbuilding phases you will receive 250 steel for each phase.
We also want to share with you in advance the combat missions of this Dockyard. You can find them in the document via this link
New Clan Battles season
From August 15 to October 3 the 18th season of Clan Battles “Sirenidae” will be held.
Battles will be featuring Tier VIII ships in a 6 vs 6 format.
Aircraft carriers are not allowed, there can be no more than one battleship per team. Details of the season will be announced later.
Update 0.11.7 will be featuring three Brawls in the following formats:
- First Brawl – August 15-22:
- 12 vs 12 on Tier VI battleships.
- Second Brawl – August 22-29:
- 4 vs 4 on Tier IV ships. Class limits are – 0-1 CV, 0-3 BBs, 0-3 CAs, 0-3 DDs.
- Third Brawl – August 29-September 5:
- 3 vs 3 on Tier IV ships. Class limits are – 0-1 CV, 0-2 BBs, 0-2 CAs, 0-2 DDs.
British battleships. Part 2
The Port of London has been updated as part of the continuation of the Early Access to British Battleships.
Also added The Heyday of Industry Container and The Heyday of Industry Premium Container.
In version 0.11.7 to improve the comfort of the game there will be adjustments made to the combat camera:
- Changed the default base view angle;
- Improved camera operation when using the Spotting Aircraft: now the player has 2 camera positions to choose from, to make aiming when using the Spotting Aircraft more comfortable:
- Lower, similar to the the current camera position without using the Spotting Aircraft;
- Upper, similar to the current camera position when using the Spotting Aircraft;
- New settings added:
- “Field of View”, allowing players to set the angle of view themselves. The setting does not affect the binoculars mode;
- “Camera height” allowing players to raise and move the camera away from the ship;
- “Camera flying around the ship before the start of the battle”, which allows players to turn this option on or off. It will replace the “Always start a battle completely zoomed out” setting;
- “Alternate Airstrike Control”, enabling dynamic camera zoom depending on distance.
- The position of the Main Battery and Torpedo tubes will now be fixed when switching to Airstrike mode;
- The camera angle in the torpedo tubes view is now the same as in the main battery view.
Detailed information about all the changes to the combat camera in 0.11.7 will be published later.
Improvements to submarines
In version 0.11.7 submarines will receive a number of improvements:
- The Hydrophone consumable is split into two – the Upper Lookout Hydrolocator and the Low Frequency Hydrophone:
- The Upper Lookout Hydrolocator shows the position of surface ships and illuminates the bottom topography;
- The Low Frequency Hydrophone allows detection of submarines in an underwater position.
A Hydrophone combines two different tasks, and is often used to perform only one of them, while the other is overlooked. Splitting the consumable will make submarine play more comfortable, allowing you to activate exactly the consumable you need at a given time.
The settings for the new consumables will change in comparison to the current version of Hydrophone.
- Disabled guaranteed detection for submarines in submerged position
Due to the interaction patterns of the submarines, they often accidentally detect each other. This causes them to get caught in an air strike and also forces them to engage in a duel without being able to get out of it safely. Disabling guaranteed detection will make submarine play more comfortably, and in case you want to attack an enemy sub, you will be able to use the Low Frequency Hydrophone.
- The visual effect of using a sonar, displayed above the submarine, is now also displayed for the submarine itself.
The change will make playing submarines more understandable and comfortable, and allow them to better understand the interaction of the opponents with it.
Improved the rendering of shadows:
- Added a new shadow quality preset – “Very High”;
- Increased the details for the “High” and “Maximum” presets;
- Fixed errors in the display of shadows for all presets.
Please note: the game’s minimum system requirements have been increased: full support for DX 11 SHADER MODEL 5_0 is now required. The minimum required video cards are now GeForce GTX 460/Radeon HD 5770/Intel HD Graphics 4000. It will not be possible to run the game client on older video cards.
Content additions and changes
Special permanent camouflages of researchable European destroyers of Tiers V-X as well as the destroyer Smaland have been updated. They are now called “Traditions of the North”.
The following content has also been added to the game:
- Permanent camouflages: Cloud Privateer for Hampshire and North Sea for Incomparable;
- Commanders: William Lymington and Minakami Shiori;
- Patches: Obon Matsuri and Compass;
- Flags: Around the World and The Scarlet Rose.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing.