Closed testing of Update 0.10.1 is starting: Early Access to Italian battleships, Brawls update, 12th season of Clan Battles, and other news.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game’s website.
Italian battleships. Part 1
In Update 0.10.1, Italian battleships IV Dante Alighieri, V Conte di Cavour, VI Andrea Doria, VII Francesco Caracciolo, VIII Vittorio Veneto and IX Lepanto will appear in Early Access.
- SAP shells instead of HE shells. They inflict high damage on weakly and moderately protected targets and ship parts, but do not cause fires.
- A large number of guns with quickly turning turrets, a relatively short firing range, and not very good accuracy.
- Decent concealment, maneuverability, and armor.
- “Exhaust Smoke Generator” among the consumables of tier VIII-X ships, which will allow you to hide from the enemy without sacrificing speed.
In honor of the event, the Taranto Port was updated, and the following items were added:
- Permanent “Roman” camouflage for tier VI-VII Italian battleships
- Permanent “Legion” camouflage for tier VIII-X Italian battleships
From 24th of February to 12th of April, the 12th Clan Battles season will be held on Tier IX ships in a 7 vs 7 format.
The details of the season will be announced later.
The new season will be featuring one small yet very important change: we’ve added a system which allows to set limits on ships. We want to ensure that each battle type and game mode offers players diverse and interesting gameplay. This innovation will allow to maintain a more variable composition of teams in Clan battles, and to prevent battles from becoming monotonous.
Restrictions may apply for the entire season or for a certain period of time. For example, they can be implemented only after the first two weeks of the season and replaced with others after a few more weeks.
Throughout the course of the season, one or several restrictions may be imposed
- General limit on the maximum number of identical ships that can go into battle
- For example, a division cannot go into battle if more than 2 of the same ship are picked
- Limit on the number of particular ships
- For example, there can be no more that 1 Yamato and 1 Des Moines in the division
- Restriction on picking particular ships
- For example, you cannot go into battle on Montana or Shimakaze.
Brawls are updated for 0.10.1. Now you can participate in them either alone or in a division. Brawls have a short duration and support small battle formats, like 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 3.
- Brawl lasts for only a few days. During the day it’s available almost all the time except for periods of low activity.
- If you have no division, the teammates are selected randomly. When selecting allies, the tier and class of your ship are taken into account.
- Teams can be asymmetrical in ship classes.
- The matchmaker tries to pick enemies close to your level of play.
- Battles are conducted on maps with reduced combat areas on ships of only one tier.
Other changes and improvements
- We are working on the development of the “Key Battle”. Over the course of the test, 3 new ships based on Amagi, Öland and Akizuki were added to the game for testing, and there were several balance changes made.
- The display of the sun’s reflection on the water was updated. The quality of reflections, waves, and calm water areas was improved. On some maps, the amplitude and speed of the waves were increased.
- The visibility of aiming reticles of carrier squadrons was improved on all maps.
- “Bronze League”, “Silver League”, and “Gold League” containers were added. They will be awarded for reaching Rank 1 in the respective Leagues in Ranked battles.
- Unique Dasha Perova commanders for Italian and European ships were added
- Permanent “Steel” camouflage that can be mounted on any Tier X ship was added. Permanent “Steel” camouflages for Yamato, Shimakaze and Des Moines will be automatically replaced with the new camouflage.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing.