The Supertest for updates 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 will begin soon: expect the new branch of U.S. battleships to be coming out of early access, New Year celebrations, a new Dockyard event, and other new content.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server.
With update 0.9.11, the new U.S. battleship subbranch will be released from early access and Kansas, Minnesota, and Vermont will be available to everyone.
In addtion, the system of Ranked battles will be updated.
The main changes:
- Seasons of Ranked Battles will succeed each other almost immediately, only with short breaks to separate them.
- Each Season is split into Sprints, each about 2 weeks long.
- Each season there will be 3 leagues: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. To advance to the next league, you first need to reach rank 1 in the current league and pass the qualification.
- In one Sprint, a player can only pass their current League and qualify to the next League.
- If a player is not qualified, he will start a new Sprint in his current League.
- If a player is qualified, he will start a new Sprint in the next League.
- Rewards will be given for a certain number of victories in the League, and for reaching the first rank.
Detailed information about the new system and rewards will be published later.
Added permanent “Predator” camouflage for Somers in exchange for Ranked Tokens.
Celebrating the New Year in Update 0.9.12
New Year – time for gifts. This time we have prepared for you many rewards and activities!
During the celebration of the new year, players will be able to get traditional holiday bonuses on all their ships starting from Tier V. Now you can “shoot down a snowflake” or either by winning the battle or by gaining a certain amount of base experience. Starting with the update 0.9.11 this rule will also apply to a bonus for resetting a branch in the Research Bureau.
“Snowflakes” on all ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of Coal, VIII-IX – 75 units of Steel, and on Tier X ships you can earn “Santa’s gift” containers, from which with a certain probability you can get one of the many premium ships and other rewards.
Please note: The “Snowflake” can only be shot down once during the 0.9.12 and 0.10.0 updates in all types of battle except training battles.
In the update 0.9.12, players will be able to access two new temporary campaigns “In pursuit of Strasbourg” and “Ships and Fates” as a reward for which you can get Strasbourg with permanent “Winter Holiday” camouflage, thematic commanders, as well as researchable ships Hawkins, Visby, Kotovsky, New York, T-22 and Furutaka with permanent “Winter” camouflage.
New Port and Camouflages
New expendable camouflage “Winter Patterns” as well as permanent “New Year” camouflage, which can be installed on almost any Tier IX ship, will help to create the holiday atmosphere.
Also the port “Kure” was added to the game. The new Port and the Dockyard are inspired by Kure Harbor in Japan.
Players can build the new Japanese Tier IX battleship Hizen.
The rules of the event are largely similar to the previous dockyard, but this time the number of construction phases and the list of awards will change:
- The construction of the ship at the dockyard consists of 26 phases.
- Each shipbuilding phase can be completed by finishing groups of event combat missions or spending 1,950 Doubloons per phase.
- The groups of combat missions will span two updates—0.9.12 and 0.10.0, and the Dockyard itself will remain in your Ports until the end of Update 0.10.1.
- In total, you can complete 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases by progressing through groups of combat missions.
- The reward for the completion of the 5th shipbuilding phase will be Tachibana with a “Winter” permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
- The reward for the completion of the 15th shipbuilding phase will be Yahagi with a “Winter” permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
- For the completion of the other stages of construction, you will be able to receive “Santa’s Gift” containers, new permanent “New Year” camouflage for Tier IX ships, new “Winter Patterns” expendable camouflages, and other rewards.
- For the completion of the 26th shipbuilding phase, you will receive Hizen in her “War Paint” camouflage, a commander with 10 skill points, a port slot, and a memorable flag.
“Santa’s Mega Gift” container
If you already have Tachibana in port, you will receive a compensation of 1,425,000 credits. Compensation for Yahagi will be 4,000 Doubloons.
If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using Doubloons, you can still progress through the combat missions. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you’ll get 400 Research Points and 200 units of Steel for each completed phase. If you had no access to the Research Bureau, you’ll get it upon receiving Research Points.
Source: WoWS Devblog