Source: EU Portal
It’s time to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year with World of Tanks!
Get ready to try out an exciting new PvE mode where you’ll battle the supernatural and unravel the secrets behind the abnormal events that occurred in the forbidden town of Mirny-13.
October 26, 2020, 05:30 UTC through November 9, 2020, 05:30 UTC
- This Co-op PvE Halloween mode lasts two weeks, from October 26 through November 9.
- Access the mode via the Halloween-themed banner in the lower-right corner of your Garage.
- Fight as a Platoon of up to five players in the recently abandoned town of Mirny-13.
- Choose from three difficulty levels—the higher the difficulty, the higher the stakes.
- Jump into five specially adapted vehicles:
- Three are available instantly.
- Two require mission completion or gold to unlock them.
- Outwit and destroy up to seven types of AI bots, each with their own unique behaviors, roles, and attacks. One foe is indestructible.
- Your task is to escape Mirny-13 alive while also destroying armored enemies to obtain a strange substance known as Mirium.
- Deliver Mirium to a special Collector called Magnus, shown on your minimap, before time runs out.
- Once Magnus is filled with Mirium, you will be able to teleport to a new dimension, or Phase, where Mirium is in abundance, but so are the enemies!
- Power up your vehicle! You’ll only survive by picking up Anomalies from defeated enemies.
- Use a mix of team and personal consumables to increase your chances of survival.
- There is a post-battle cooldown for commanders leaving Mirny-13. Either wait or purchase Stimulants using credits in order to enter Mirny-13 again. You can also get Stimulants from daily missions played in Random Battles.
- Earn Commander XP depending on the amount of Mirium collected. Use it to upgrade the Commander. Each Commander level reached will reward you with event currency—Coins.
- Complete three types of Battle Missions to earn Coins, credits, and much more.
- Exchange Coins for a load of spooky rewards in the Event Store.
- Nine unique 3D styles are available to unlock or purchase during the event.
- Four (including three horror-themed styles by Masahiro Ito) will be available for gold.
- Five can be purchased using Coins earned in the mode.
Mirny-13 is an extremely dangerous place, so gather your friends and try to stick together on the map. It will be a hopeless battle for lone wolves, but as a Platoon, you can effectively fight enemies and get to Magnus in a timely manner. The Mirium from defeated enemies will drop for all players who damaged them, so you don’t have to compete for it. Make active use of the reworked in-game battle communication system. It will definitely help you survive and succeed.
There are three difficulty levels available: one-star, two-star, and three-star. The higher the difficulty, the stronger the enemies and the more valuable the rewards for a victorious battle. But don’t be deceived, as even the “one-star” difficulty level will be quite challenging for many commanders, so never let your guard down! Get ready to fight with all your might to reach the end and escape from Mirny-13 alive.
There will be several Phases you need to go through to return home. When playing on the one-star difficulty level, you will have to fight through 3 Phases. For two-star and three-star, survive 4 Phases.
For each Phase, Magnus consumes exactly as much Mirium as it takes to move on to the next Phase, so you can save any excess. Therefore, the more Mirium you collect, the easier it will be during the next Phase because with each new Phase, the amount of Mirium required for teleportation increases. Take your time to complete each Phase and maximize your advantage!
With each new Phase, it will be harder to survive as the enemies will become stronger and battles with them will sap more and more of your strength. Visibility will also get worse due to the dense fog that thickens over the town with each subsequent Phase.
During each Phase, you may encounter an anomaly—a special entity that appears after you have destroyed or damaged some enemies. Once activated, the anomaly increases a certain characteristic of your tank, granting bonuses until the end of the battle or until your vehicle is destroyed. Anomalies teleport with you from Phase to Phase throughout the battle. But while their effects stack, they don’t apply to other players’ tanks. Don’t forget about them, especially during the first Phases—they will greatly help you on your dangerous journey.
There are 9 types of anomalies in the mode, and each of them improves a specific parameter of your vehicle. Check them out.
|Anomaly Type||Increased Parameter||Effect|
||Reload time||+15% to reloading speed|
||Damage||+5% chance to cause +20% bonus damage|
||Speed||+10% to engine power and turret traverse|
||HP||Steals hit points upon penetration of enemies, recovering 20% of damage taken|
||Damage||+5% chance to set an enemy on fire|
||Damage||+20% to damage caused|
||Aiming time||–15% to dispersion while moving or turning|
||Crew||+15% to crew performance|
||HP||+10 hit points restored every 2.5 seconds|
Together with Mirium, pieces of the story of Mirny-13 (Testimonies) will randomly drop from some of the defeated enemies. Collect them to combine the disparate elements into a single picture and solve the enigma of the forbidden town.
During each Phase, new enemies will confront you. They will be stronger and more numerous than before, so each battle will be different from the previous one. Explore Mirny-13, coordinate closely with your teammates, and don’t forget to arrive at Magnus on time!
Amount of Mirium that is needed to complete a Phase depending on the difficulty level:
Also, you’ll face a powerful enemy known as The Immortal. It cannot be destroyed, so don’t even try! You can only run away from the Immortal. If you linger, things will go very badly for you. The Immortal has an aura that will gradually steal your collected Mirium. Once your Mirium is depleted, the aura will begin to deal direct HP damage.
This year, we teamed up with Ito Masahiro, the art director of the first three Silent Hill games, and Akira Yamaoka, a world-famous video game music composer and sound designer. He also worked as a producer on the Silent Hill series, as well as served as a composer.
Both legendary masters were directly involved in the development of the Halloween mode. Ito Masahiro had a hand, among other things, in the design of the supernatural enemies, while Akira Yamaoka collaborated closely with our sound team to create a spooky yet captivating soundtrack. Expect to see spectacular visuals and your favorite tanks as you’ve never seen them before, all while listening to some of the most immersive music in World of Tanks!
Speaking of Ito Masahiro’s contributions to the Halloween mode, we must mention three gorgeous 3D styles for German tanks ( VIII Panther II , the IX E 50 , and the X E 50 Ausf. M ), created with the participation of this iconic game developer. They will be available for gold throughout the event right in your Halloween Garage. You will also have the opportunity to get a fourth spectacular 3D custom look for the X Leopard 1 .
- Panther II
- E 50
- 50 Ausf. M
- Leopard 1
In this mode, five familiar vehicles specially prepared for survival in the extreme conditions of Mirny-13 will be available. The following vehicles will be instantly available in the mode’s Garage:
- Hornet: a speedy and maneuverable light tank with an autoloader
- Cerberus: a versatile medium tank with a solid turret and high rate of fire
- Goliath: a menacing heavy tank with high alpha damage and good speed
You will also have the opportunity to roll into battle in two even more formidable vehicles:
- Malachite: a medium tank with increased durability and accelerated repair of damaged modules
- Grenadier: a light tank featuring an accurate HE autoreloader
You can access these vehicles by completing special combat missions in the mode. You can also access them immediately for gold or when buying one of our in-game bundles.
Each tank has its own gameplay features. You can unlock these great armored hunters by completing special combat missions (more on them below) in the mode or get them immediately using gold or by purchasing special bundles. As a nice bonus for players, the Commanders of these two armored explorers will receive additional Commander XP and Coins (read about them below) at the beginning of the battle.
Since Mirny-13 has a very high level of electromagnetic radiation, the Commander of the tank in which you played needs time to recover from acute radiation poisoning after each battle. That means the vehicle won’t be available for battle for some time*.
However, you can instantly recover your vehicle’s Commander by using credits to purchase a Stimulant. The cost of purchasing each Stimulant will be higher than the previous one. You can also earn more Stimulants by completing special daily missions in Random Battles. Some of these daily missions will reward you with Commander Experience Boosters, which are boosters that activate before heading into battle. They double your Commander XP for that battle. You can get Commander Experience Boosters as part of event bundles or by purchasing them individually.
|Recovery #||Stimulant Cost (Credits)|
|4 and above||225,000|
||Allows you to instantly reload your gun||Personal|
||Restores HP, repairs your tank, and heals crew members||Personal|
||Grants invulnerability for 7 seconds||Personal|
||Increases acceleration and damage from ramming||Personal|
||Restores HP to any player within range||Team|
||Instantly repairs all players’ damaged tank modules within range||Team|
Also, by default, all players will have a passive Phoenix ability. Like the mythical bird, your destroyed tank will rise again in the next Phase with 50% of its initial HP, as long as your allies manage to complete the current Phase. In addition, after teleporting to the next Phase, you and your allies will each recover 50% of their initial HP.
At the end of the battle, you get rewards in the form of credits, XP, and Free XP. The higher the difficulty, the more credits and XP you earn, and the faster you can upgrade your Commander.
Depending on the amount of Mirium collected, you will get Commander XP to upgrade the Commander of your vehicle. From battle to battle, their level will increase, and for each new level achieved, you will receive the event’s currency—Coins.
The Commanders of the Malachite and the Grenadier earn more Coins at the start of the battle. Starting from Level 5, all vehicles earn the same number of Coins.
|Number of Coins|
You can exchange Coins for exclusive 3D styles and other stuff in the event store. Styles will be complemented by unique custom crew members as New Recruits who you can move to any tank in your Garage. Five tanks are available during the event, so you can get five cool 3D styles and five custom crew members with enough XP to learn three perks.
Three types of combat missions are available in the mode:
- Daily Missions
- Missions for Commitment (cumulative missions)
- Missions for Mastery (domination missions)
You will also have access to daily missions in Random Battles to earn Stimulants and Commander Experience Boosters.
Each new mission will unlock, in succession, when the previous mission of its type is completed.
- Daily Missions earn credits and are available once a day.
- Completing the Missions for Commitment will reward you with Coins and a special badge. They will also unlock the Grenadier, a light tank featuring an HE autoreloader.
- Having completed the Missions for Mastery, you will receive Coins, another cool badge, event style elements*, and an additional unique 2D custom look for Random Battles. Fulfilling these missions will also unlock the Malachite, a versatile medium tank.
The main rewards of the most supernatural event in World of Tanks are:
- 5 exclusive 3D styles for the five great tanks that served as prototypes for the combat vehicles in this mode:
IX AMX 13 90
IX Centurion Mk. 7/1
They can be purchased in the event store using Coins earned by completing combat missions.
- AMX 13 90
- Centurion Mk. 7/1
- 5 unique custom crew members with 3 perks. They complement the 3D styles above and accompany them as a set.
- Another stunning 2D custom look for Random Battles.
- Exclusive medals and badges.
|Scout of Mirny-13||Veteran of Mirny-13||Hero of Mirny-13||Legend of Mirny-13|
|The Walk Through the Darkest Valley||We Will Not Fear|
- Personal Reserves for credits, a load of Crew Books, and other valuable in-game stuff.
- And don’t forget about the three mind-blowing 3D styles for German tanks (the Panther II, the E 50, and the E 50 Ausf. M), created with the participation of the legendary Ito Masahiro.
Mirny-13 features an incredible soundtrack composed with the participation of the legendary Akira Yamaoka. Listen to these spooky yet captivating tunes to immerse yourself in the mysterious atmosphere of the abandoned Mirny-13!
- Mirny-13 is an innovative game mode with new mechanics, stunning visuals, and complex gameplay settings. Players with low-spec CPUs and graphics cards may experience some stability and performance issues (including FPS drops) when running the mode. To avoid them and play with maximum comfort, change the graphics settings in your game client in accordance with the capabilities of your CPU and graphics card.
- You may have to wait a bit longer on the day the event starts. If the waiting time for entering Mirny-13 is too long, consider playing a battle or two in Random Battles and earning Commander Experience Boosters and Stimulants as rewards instead. These items will help you fight your enemies with the greatest effectiveness once you are able to enter the mode.
- Sometimes, you may encounter short-term freezes and FPS drops at the beginning of a new Phase.
- Halloween 2020 mode doesn’t support the Anonymizer feature.
- Halloween 2020 mode supports replays. However, unexpected game client crashes and errors in displaying various interface elements when rewinding replays are possible.
- You may also encounter some UI glitches when running the mode at a low display resolution.
Try out the new Halloween mode with improved AI enemies, explore the forbidden town, and earn yourself formidable 3D styles and other cool rewards!