Source: Ph3lan, EU WG Staff
„I know that you are eagerly waiting for an update about the chat issues so I would like to get you up to speed on where we stand and what we are doing to solve the situation.
What we know so far:
– We had similar chat issues in October/November (These were eventually resolved)
– While these issues seem very similar, in terms of the end result, to the ones in October/November and the current ones are not actually the same.
– The chat/invite problems are related, and we identified the culprit in our Chat Server Protocol.
– The friend list issues (players added to the friend list without you actually accepting the request) are a separate bug, not related to the “chat issues”.
What is being done:
– Chat/invite problems: Our devs are working on fixing and updating the chat server protocol. They have found a solution which is now being tested and once we are sure it works it will be implemented.
– Friend list issues: We have identified the issue here. It is being tested and will be rolled out as soon as it is ready.
Unfortunately, I can’t tell you exactly when the fixes will be implemented, we have to make sure that they actually are fixing all the issues and preventing them from happening again. We need a cure, not a band aid this time. That being said I wanted to let you know that we are aware that you are experiencing this problems and we are actually actively working on fixing them! I hope that you can be patient with us a little bit longer, thank you for your understanding!
Your WoT Team”