The following job opening was recently posted in the careers section of Wargaming’s official website:
Wargaming is looking to hire a Game Balance Designer to join the development team involved in our flagship title, World of Tanks (PC).
Do you believe you are a World of Tanks game mechanics expert, with experience working on a project of the same size? Do you want to leverage your expertise to fine-tune game balance for a title with a multi-million audience? Then we want to hear from you!
We need a result-orientated team player who can speak one language with their colleagues.
What you will do:
- Tune the battle characteristics of game vehicles
- Analyze stats and run test battles on dysfunctional vehicles
- Introduce balance changes into tank features
- Interact with various development and publishing units
- Draw up documents
- Solid experience as a game balance designer on similar-scale projects
- A committed World of Tanks player (please indicate you in-game nickname, number of battles, and victory rate)
- Deep understanding of World of Tanks game mechanics
- Experience working with XML editors
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to cope under stress
- A proactive team player
- Gaming experience with Wargaming’s other titles
- Working knowledge of graphic editors (Maya)
- Gaming experience with various game genres (action, RPG)
- Knowledge of English
If you’ve got what it takes to fix this one hell of a mess of a game, go right ahead, the future of WoT is counting on you!