Thanks to Carnotzet!
Disclaimer: Please be reminded that the following information comes from the Russian-speaking community and, as such, polls and specific details and dates, may not apply to the EU sever.
1. You said before you would give Atago her historical AA configuration(without giving a specific timeline). In the latest patch, nothing was done in that regard, and Atago is still equipped with non-historical 25mm Type 96 AA guns. Could you please explain why is it so difficult to give her the proper guns? You already modeled triple and double batteries a long time ago, so where lies the problem in swapping some single gun batteries with double and triple ones? It would take about 20 minutes. Moreover, it wouldn’t make Atago‘s AA defense much more powerful. In addition, when will we see Atago with her historical model (original camouflage, radar type 22, original floatplane, original bridge and superstructure)?
A. We’re planning to go over the AA configuration of several ships, including Atago. These changes should come in patch 0.5.6., but Atago will remain as it is for now. The problem doesn’t lie in the difficulty of the whole process since changing the AA configuration on one ship isn’t indeed a highly complex task. However, in the current meta, Atago is performing to the limits of being “overpowered”, and a new AA configuration would make her even more powerful. If we’d do that, we would have to make balancing changes, and you know very well how players would react to the rebalance of a tier 8 premium ship. In brief, Atago will remain as it is for now.
Regarding your other considerations, they were transmitted to the 3D department as soon as they were found out about. I haven’t heard about them since, but I’ll ask again at the next meeting.
2. What do you think about this? LINK [it’s a poll about the tier spread players would like to see. As of now (8 May), out of about 210 voting players, 55% prefer a +/-1 spread (instead of a +/-2).]
A. I see what 175 players on the official forum think. [At the time of his answer, only 175 players had voted, thus the discrepancy between the two numbers.]
3. I’ve been interested in questions regarding illegal mods, particularly aim assist. How many players have been punished for using this mod? Moreover, could you create a topic showing the name of all the players that have been found using illegal mods?
A. Currently, that mod is flagged as “undesirable”, which implies that:
- we are still fighting it on a client level, which means that, every update, the game client is better protected. According to our plans, after some time, making such mod will become so complex that it will stop being profitable, thus the mod will lose its meaning (those mods are created first of all to make money);
- we do not punish players on the sole fact they use it, and we do not organise “public repression” (by disclosing the name of those who were punished);
- we do not support this mod and the discussions held on official resources (forums, webpages, etc.).
In the case our actions were not effective, we reserve the right to enforce harsher policies. However, we are happy with the current situation for now.
4. When will we see ships wake added in game? At the moment, it looks like ships are “flying” across the water.
A. We have a lot of room for improving the effects of ships interacting with the water surface, but we’re primarily limited by the game performance, especially on low end configurations. We will try to make improvements in the aspect of the game you’ve mentioned, but I can’t give you a specific timeline.
5. What are the first results regarding the changes made to counter the torpedo soup? How much did the overall damage inflicted by torpedoes drop? Did the number of DD’s in random battles drop as well?
A. I recently looked at the different types of damage inflicted to high tier BB’s. Tier 10 BB’s receive about 5% less damage from ship launched torpedoes. Truth be told, the soup problem is bigger than what we can see from the damage done by torpedoes. You have to remember that the changes we’ve made are rather minor (despite the horrors described by IJN DD’s owners) and thus their effects are rather minor as well. We will now evaluate the results of these changes and then work on thinning the soup further with similar or new methods. As I have already said several times, we now perfer to make balance changes little by little with precise and small steps, instead of what we did in 0.5.3.
1. The map Mountain range is supposed to be played only at tier 9-10, but tier 8 and 7 ships are drafted into this map as well. Is it working as intended?
A. I believe there is a confusion in the terms used. The battle tier always imply a +2 range (the tier of a battle determines the maximum tier of ships you will be able to meet in battle, not including divisions). Consequently, for tier 7 ships, the maximum tier is 9. Tier 9 ships can play on Mountain range, which thus means that tier 7 ships can play on that map as well. On the other hand, tier 6-8 battles cannot be played on that map.
2. a) How does Target acquisition system mod.1 work with Vigilance?
b) If I understand it correctly, Target acquisition system increases vision during the cyclone?
c) With the addition of shell initial velocity values in port, how does it help us determine shell arc, penetration, etc.?
A. a)[torpedo detection range]*1.25*1.2= *1.5.
b) No. The cyclone decreases the maximum vision range, regardless of bonuses. Regarding the assured acquisition range, it is increased in any case, cyclone or not.
c) They are several other parameters to take into consideration. For example, shell velocity drops significantly the closer it is to the maximum firing range. In addition to that, shell weight is also very important. As you very well know, battles aren’t always fought at point blank range. Generally speaking, high shell velocity (coupled with high shell mass) is better. Heavy shells fired at high velocity have better penetrating power and shell arc. Moreover, they lose less velocity in flight compared to lighter shells.
3. a) At the moment, there isn’t any skill improving cruisers and BB’s main guns, whereas there are 4 for DD’s (BFT, TAE, AFT). Will you add new skills or change current ones?
b) I thought that Fire prevention reduced the risk of fires by 7% but then I learnt from the forums that is is much less. Would you consider making adjustments to this skill?
A. a) Not in the near future. On a side note, I’d like to add that:
- BFT works on AA and secondary guns and that, besides DD’s, it is also very useful on most BB’s and cruisers, as well as CV’s in some situations.
- TAE works on all ships equipped with torpedoes (all DD’s, many cruisers, and Tirpitz) and on CV’s TB’s.
- AFT, just look at my first point.
- Where’s the fourth skill?
b) Regarding Fire prevention, I agree with you entirely. The explanation is not accurate and mechanics regarding the fire chance reduction aren’t explained in the interface. This is bad but the mechanic itself is working as intended. We will work on making it clearer without having to explain it on several pages.
4. How does Repair Party work in the following situation: I’m burning / flooding and activate Repair Party. Will it heal only the grey part of the damage that was shown prior to its activation or will it also heal the accumulating damage done by the DoT during the consumable active time?
A. If Repair Party is active, any new damage received follow the same rules. It can be seen on the ship profile (which shows the ship hit points) and sometimes it’s even possible to survive on the last remaining hit points long enough for Damage control party to be available again.