Thanks to Carnotzet.
Some new Q’s and the relevant A’s.
1. Why was Tirpitz‘s HE shells fire chance reduced from 40% to 34%? What other characteristics of this ship were changed?
What branches or ships do you plan to add for the 100th anniversary of the battle of Jutland?
A. Tirpitz‘s HE shells characteristics weren’t changed. Why do you suddenly believe it was 40%?
I can’t disclose our plans regarding new ships until an official announcement has been made.
2. Are you happy with DD balance?
A. No, we’re not. An excessive amount of DD’s in some battles and torpedo walls are bad for the game. Just as spamming torpedoes is dull from a gameplay standpoint. We will solve this problem.
3. It is well known that the Main Battery mod.1 upgrade doesn’t decrease the chance of main batteries being destroyed, only the chance of them being incapacitated. On some ships, in particular Atlanta, main batteries act also as AA. The AA guns mod.1 upgrade increases their survivability. Does that mean that installing the AA guns mod will decrease the chances of main batteries being destroyed?
A. No. If a gun battery fulfills more than one role, it will be affected by one upgrade only, according to the following rule: Main battery -> secondary battery -> AA. In the case of Atlanta, only main battery upgrades will be taken into account.
4. On Atlanta, it seems an AA gun is taken off. Why is that? [image link is broken]
A. It’s the fire-control system for the 28mm AA guns. It controls the AA mounts (AA guns follow what this system is aiming at, etc.). Its benefits are that it stands apart from the AA mounts and thus isn’t affected by the vibrations and smoke they produce and by all the crew running around.
5. When do you plan to add the possibility to tag ships as favourites in port?
A. I don’t know when, but we plan to improve the “carousel”. We would like to add a lot of small useful features such as this, but we have to set priorities first.
6. When will you give players the possibility to purchase premium ships with doubloons?
A. We will expand the selection of ships purchasable in game. However, certain ships will only be available in the premium shop and may not appear in the in-game shop at all, and if they do, it will be after a long delay. The premium shop needs to have some exclusives.
7. Do you plan to improve the CV interface? After all, it hasn’t changed since beta.
A. I cannot reveal our plans in details, but we plan to rework the CV interface. We will work on it after we have finished our work on the basic combat interface.
8. Do you plan to buff tier 9-10 US DD’s? Their average damage is really low.
A. No, we won’t. They are capable and versatile ships.
Fletcher: 2nd place in terms of win ratio, 1st in K/D ratio, 2nd in damage done.
Gearing: 1st place in win ratio, 1st in K/D ratio, 3rd in damage done.
And the differences are rather small.
9. Developers said before that high tier gameplay (balance, economy, etc.) wasn’t a priority. Have you changed your stance on this?
A. We’ve already started to change certain things. We’re experimenting with a new economy system for high tiers (20% reduction on repairs).
We will try to continue on this path in order to further develop this aspect of the game, which may not attract a lot of players but is still important for us. In the end, if we ignore high tier gameplay, most players will not be interested to reach those tiers.
10. What is the accuracy penalty of DB’s when they are attacked by planes? Is there a penalty difference between catapult and CV planes?
What is the damage reduction of Soviet cruisers torpedo belts?
A. They have 25% reduced accuracy if they are panicked. There’s no difference between the two types of planes.
Soviet cruisers don’t have a torpedo belt. Only Donskoy (15.9% damage reduction) and Moskva (27%) have one.