Thanks to Carnotzet.
1. What do you plan to do with nerfed premium ships? [Long description of a battle in a Tirpitz. Long story short, the player complains about not receiving enough credits.]
A. It’s not that bad for the Tirpitz. Let’s review her stats.
- She doesn’t experience walls of torps as often as tier 9-10 ships.
- She has a good rudder shift time.
- Her AA is worse than North Carolina‘s but better than Amagi‘s.
- Her popularity is on par with overpowered BB’s.
- She has the highest win ratio among all tier 8 BB’s.
- It’s the best among all ships for farming credits (with or without premium account).
In good battles, she can earn close to 1 million credits.
2. – Do torpedo belts reduce flooding damage?
– If a torpedo hits the torpedo belt, does the damage vary depending on the place it hit (higher damage on the edges, lower in the center)?
– What happens when a shell hits the torpedo belt (when the ship is turning hard)? Is the belt damage reduction taken into account?
– Do torpedo belts have hit points? If enough damage is inflicted to the torpdeo belt, is the damage reduction decreased?
– How much is AP shells penetration reduced when they hit water (in case of undewater hits)?
– What does the turning circle value shown in port represent?
A. – No, they only affect torpedo damage and chance of flooding. Moreover, this only comes into effect if the torpedo hits the torpedo belt (not somewhere else).
– The place where the belt was hit doesn’t matter.
– Against shells, torpedo belts act as additional armour.
– No, they don’t have hit points.
– I cannot disclose this information.
– It represents the turning radius of a ship sailing at full speed with the steering gear set at maximum. Moreover, it takes into account that the ship is already turning (and not starting to turn).
3. Do you plan to add radar to German and IJN cruisers?
A. No. At the moment, it’s exclusive to US and Soviet cruisers.
4. Would you consider removing the possibility of fire for HE shells that don’t penetrate? If it would cause a balance problem, you could then increase their fire chance. [BB player complaining he’s lit on fire too often]
A. It’s very unlikely. I’m not keen on this idea. It would compel us to do considerable rebalancing work. The current fire mechanics are fine for now. Let’s not forget that BB’s can take quite a pounding and still repair a considerable portion of that damage.
5. Is radar affected by the targeting module upgrade?
A. No. The radar overwrites the ship current guaranteed acquisition range.
6. When taking the Torpedo Acceleration skill, it seems that my torpedo reticle (on a ship with 10km torps, 8km with the skill) goes up to 10km. Is it a bug?
A. The torpedo reticle is not limited by the range of your torpedoes; it hasn’t any range limit.