Behold, the daily Q&A! 😮
Q: What is the reason for arty rebalance? Devs were supposed to be happy with the last set of nerfs, arty numbers reduced.
A: You’re right, numbers dropped, but now there is a tendency for growth. Also there are other metrics than numbers in battles. In all honesty, there’s a negative impact on gameplay.
Q: Arty is growing because of personal missions! They’re difficult and cause non arty players to run arty.
A: Arty numbers were growing before personal missions.
Q: How exactly is arty having a negative effect on gameplay?
A: Many reasons: Sudden oneshots, impunity, randomness.
– 88 L/56 won’t get a pen buff because it will mean having to rebalance all vehicles with that gun.
– Japanese heavies are popular enough, especially when compared to other Asian tanks.
– Foch 155 & Obj. 268 won’t be changed for now.
– No decisions about changing or not changing the Foch 155 gun yet.
– FV101 Scorpion is not planned for 2016.
– Very likely that French HT branch without autoloaders will come in 2016.
– Hungarian and Swiss tanks will only appear as German premiums.
– According to Storm interest in cybersports is quite low.
– Team Battles have been quite successful, about 10% of players have participated.
– It’s possible more maps will be removed so the remaining ones can be converted to HD faster.
– According to Storm, the best maps are the ones that appeared in beta test times.
– A desert map for low tiers should be coming.
– A new fun mode is coming for Christmas.
– Havok was tested on Stalingrad, the results were disappointing – huge use of PC resources.
– Havok will come in small portions (movement of equipment strapped to a tank, destruction of small objects, etc)
– WG is planning to make landscape that is affected by explosions.
– In new “Historical” mode bots will play on low tiers.
– It’s possible to make an Israeli branch but it will consist mostly of “clones”
– Most widely used resolution in WoT is 1366×768
– XP rewards for tanking is of medium development priority.
– Devs want to rework the additional equipment system.