July 20 is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission. On that date in 1969, the United States became the first nation to put a man on the moon. However, the U.S.S.R. was the first nation to land on the moon, when their Luna 2 unmanned rocket “touched down” almost a decade earlier on September 20 in 1959. This has caused debate in some circles as to what counts as a “successful” moon landing, and which nation was indeed “first.”
We’ve decided to revisit this space race and settle things once and for all — with tanks, of course — and it’s been the fight many are spoiling for: U.S.A. vs. U.S.S.R.!
In a nutshell:
- Choose one (1) nation during the Registration Period — July 19-21.
- July 21-29 is the Event Period; complete the specified mission (see below) as many times as possible and see the team results via scoreboard!
- Premium Tier V-VI vehicles only! If you choose the U.S.A., you can only play as U.S. Premium Tier V-VI vehicle; if you choose the U.S.S.R., you can only play as U.S.S.R. Premium Tier V-VI vehicle.
- Completing a mission yields one (1) Token; in order to get the award, you must be on the winning team and have earned at least one (1) Token.
- At the end of the Event Period, the team with the most Tokens wins.
- The winning team gets a ×2 XP Weekend, August 2-5 and a Special Style: “Moon Viewing!”
- Note: Vehicles with permanent camouflage — such as the Schwarzpanzer 58, Rheinmetall Skorpion G, and others — cannot use the style.