Today begins closed testing of a new mechanic in World of Tanks RU — the flamethrower. Lesta Studio will install this type of weapon on one of the vehicles and send it to the Supertest, where they will be able to study various aspects of dealing damage with fire and test a number of hypotheses.
The test implementation is based on the project of assault equipment designed to attack bunkers. For testing, the Kanonenjagdpanzer was chosen.
The selected tank is not considered as the final model of the future mechanic.
The game concept of a flamethrower tank is a support vehicle with a limited firing range (150 m).
The amount of damage dealt will depend on the armor of the enemy vehicle: vehicles with thick armor will receive less damage, while vehicles with weak armor will receive more.
Vision in the game
After the completion of all tests and research, the flamethrower might appear in World of Tanks RU as a new type of weapon/mechanic, then it is assumed that vehicles with such mechanics will become a support vehicle, a situational “damager”.
In addition, the crew will be stunned during the impact of the flamethrower jet. The current game prototype is built on existing mechanics in the game, so the initial stun time will be longer than wanted.
It is known that some players do not like the current stun mechanic, so Lesta Studio plans to rework it:
- The calculation of the stun time will no longer depend on the damage dealt, but will be formed by two factors — the initial stun time from a self-propelled gun shell or a flamethrower hit and a reduction factor for this time, individual for each vehicle.
- The effect of the stun will be more discrete, and will no longer depend on the amount of damage dealt.
- The duration and strength of the stun effect can be affected by the equipment installed on the tank.
Also, the introduction of this type of weapon into the game will require the development of the possibility of passive protection against a flamethrower and the development of new equipment to protect modules and crew from fire and related damage factors.
Other testing features
As part of the Supertest, some of the equipment will be reconfigured:
- Small repair kits and first aid kits will work on the principle of large ones, i.e. repair/heal all damaged modules and crew members.
- The manual fire extinguisher will work automatically.
- At the same time, standard equipment will differ from improved equipment by the absence of “passive” bonuses and a longer “recharge”.