Here’s a look at the major new features in the upcoming update.
In update 0.11.6, early access to new British battleships of Tiers III-X will begin, as well as a new timed event – “Titans of Industry”.
Players will take part in competition between three British dockyards: Chatham, Elswick and Clydebank. Choose which shipyard you decide to lend your support to, but don’t forget – each one will provide you with a unique reward.
“Titans of Industry” is similar to New Year’s Eve, Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry, Battle of the Beasts and Clash of Courage events.
Participate in the event and earn British tokens that can be exchanged for ships in early access, permanent camouflages, and other goods.
The port of London has been updated to celebrate the event.
Separation of economic bonuses from visual customizations
In our previous posts we already told you about the upcoming big change – separating the economic bonuses from visual customization. Today, we are ready to tell you that it is planned for update 0.11.6.
While working on the update, we tried to achieve the following goals:
- Provide you with the ability to separately select economic bonuses and exterior (camouflages);
- Simplify the management of economic bonuses;
- Grant you a comfortable transition from the old system to the new one;
- Maintain the current state of the game’s economy – costs and earnings.
The main principle that guided us was that you as players do not lose in total profitability, and in some situations you actually gain even more than before.
We have also improved the interface, bonus management, inventory display and much more.
Below is a brief list of the key changes. If you are interested in more details about exterior separation, you will find them in our previous posts.
- Economic bonuses from camouflages and signals become separate entities. Choosing a camouflage only affects visuals;
- Bonus to XP does not affect Free XP and Commander XP. At the same time, however, all bonuses are increased accordingly;
- Basic Free XP earnings are doubled;
- Economic bonuses from permanent camouflages are purchased separately and are permanently active for a ship if present. Expendable bonuses can also now be added on top of permanent ones.
- In order to simplify the system, only one economic bonus per resource (credits, Free XP, Commander XP, XP) can be used at a time (4 different bonuses in total). The values of the bonuses are designed in such a way that they can duplicate even the most profitable combinations from the current system;
- Instead of lowering the service cost, permanent camouflages give a credit bonus that makes it so that the average income is either unchanged or increased;
- The service cost for researchable Tier IX ships is reduced from 120,000 to 115,000 credits, for researchable Tier X ships — from 180,000 to 150,000 credits.
- To account for the changes to bonuses that lower service cost, in Co-op battles, the current service cost will be additionally reduced by 13.3%, and credits earned increased by 12.5%;
- All camouflages affect only a ship’s appearance;
- In order to make camouflages an exclusively visual customization, their combat bonuses are also separated from them. The 3% detectability range by sea bonus previously present on all camouflages is now built into the default parameters of all ships. The 4% increase of dispersions of shells fired by enemies attacking your ship will be entirely removed;
- Most of the expendable camouflages you have or will receive will also be purchasable for credits;
- The number of expendable items in your inventory is displayed including those that are already mounted on ships.
Along with this change and the addition of new economical bonuses, it entails a change to all rewards in game: in combat missions, campaigns, operations and collections, economic and special signals are replaced by bonuses. Camouflages will also be supplemented with bonuses.
The contents of all containers containing signals or camouflages will also change.
Also, 2 new account access levels will be added to support the upcoming changes:
Level 5 unlocking combat bonuses for the ship
Level 7 unlocking economic bonuses for the ship.
Thus, the total number of access levels will increase to 17. At the same time, the total number of battles to unlock the access levels remains unchanged. Players who have made progress in unlocking access levels of the account will not lose anything, as well as get all the missed rewards.
In 0.11.6, we’ve upgraded our bot ship’s AI in training and in cooperative battles:
- AI has been improved for the following actions in training battles: moving, firing and using consumables.
- Now aircraft carriers under AI control in cooperative battles will move sideways to the nearest capture point if there are few surviving allies left in the battle.
- Bots will now be less likely to ram each other and hit islands in cooperative battles.
Changes in port
Several improvements have been made to the barge in the Port:
- The barge now has the ability to view all available containers, grouped by type, and open all containers of the selected type at once.
- For a number of containers, a link has been added to a page with information about their contents and the drop rates of its items.
- The maximum number of containers a player can keep will be increased. Now players can have up to 9,999 containers on their accounts, but no more than 100 of each type.
Added new building – Secret Naval Base, which will provide economic bonuses to Superships:
Level 1: +10% to the experience gained when playing Supership. The cost of the purchase is 80,000 oil.
Level 2: -15% of the Superships’ acquisition cost. 160,000 Oil.
Level 3: +50% of Free experience for the Superships. Purchased at a cost of 320,000 Oil.
In update 0.11.6 there will be 2 brawls in a 2v2 format:
- The first, in which TX ships will take part, will start on 18 July.
- The second brawl will start on August 1. This time, players will have to bring their Tier VII ships into battle.
Restrictions by class: no more than one aircraft carrier per team, no more than one battleship per team.
Adding and changing content
Added to the game:
- Permanent camouflage “Ahead of the Future” for Incomparable.
- Permanent “Industrial” camouflage for Hawke, Dunkan, St.Vincent.
- British commanders “Charlie Chatham”, “Eddie Elswick” and “Kyle Clydebank”.
- Flags British Battleships, Anchors, Sextan and Rose of the Winds.
- The Titans of Industry achievement.
- New daily container “More Camouflages”.
72 new camouflages added to the Distant Voyages container.
Standard British commanders’ portraits have been updated and several new ones added.
In 0.11.6, the American destroyers will continue to be updated. This time Sims, Sims B, Sampson, Wickes, Clemson, Nicholas and Farragut will get new models.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing.