Starts May 2 at 09:30 PT (12:30 ET)
Ends May 10 at 06:00 PT (09:00 ET)
Participating in a Public Test scores you some loot!
Get three of every Signal Flag on the live server for playing one Random or Cooperative battle on the Public Test server.
Get ten Type “6” camouflage patterns (+100% XP per battle) on the live server for winning ten Random or Cooperative battles in any ships on the Test server.
Get one day of Premium time on the live server for earning 8,000 base XP in Random or Cooperative Battles on the Test Server.
Get five of each new Signal Flag on the live server for completing the “Hunt for Bismarck” Campaign on the Test Server.
Warning: You must register your Public Test account with the same email address as your live account to collect your rewards. No exceptions.
You get rewards as codes via email when the update officially hits.
Do I Have to Start from Nothing?
Nope! Your Public Test account has:
- Tier VIII ships manned by Commanders with 15 Skill points
- Reduced XP research requirements for ships tier IX+, and module prices drastically reduced for all ships
- Account Level 14 on first login
- 14 days of Premium time
- 30,000 Doubloons to spend on Commander Skills, Premium consumables, or anything else you’d like
- 500,000,000 Credits
- 10 of each Signal Flag (Except Special Signal Flags)
- Discounted Commander respecs: 1 Doubloon = 1 Skill point.
Please note that resources and progress from previous Public Tests will be wiped.
For leaving feedback, visit the 0.6.5 Public Test forum.
Testing is vital to game development, and we value your feedback immensely. The Public Test is your chance to be heard! Not only do you sample the latest features coming to World of Warships, but participants also get rewards. Visit the Public Test training page for further details on how to register and install:
Public Test 0.6.5
Public Test images, values and features may be implemented differently, or not at all, when the update releases.
Look for the new “Collections” feature with the release of Update 0.6.5. Earn unique collectible cards, fill your card album and build a complete collection to earn a reward!
“Hunt for Bismarck” is our first collection which features badges of key participants in the World War II operation to pursue the German raider ship. The first collection has 24 elements appearing (in equal probability) in special Containers, which help build the entire collection and only available in the “Hunt for Bismarck” campaign.
Badge of Swedish Seaplane Cruiser Gotland
This badge contains elements of the coat of arms of the historical province of Gotland, the cruiser’s namesake.
On May 20, 1941, Gotland was first to detect the German battleship Bismarck after she got underway, and reported her position to Swedish Navy command. The British Intelligence Service obtained that information and passed it to the Admiralty in London, who started the hunt for Bismarck.
Badge of the County-class Heavy Cruiser HMS Dorsetshire
Depicts the Dorsetshire Crest with a lion, symbolic of England.
On May 26, 1941, HMS Dorsetshire was ordered off of convoy escort and steamed on an intercept course with Bismarck. She joined the battle May 27 and finished off the German battleship with several torpedo hits before moving in to rescue most of the retrieved Bismarck survivors.
When you get the first collection item, it also opens an Album in the Profile section. If you get enough duplicate collection items, you’ll be able to exchange them for any items you’re missing. Complete the collection and get an even greater reward!
“Hunt for Bismarck” Campaign
Update 0.6.5 marks the entrance of our first historic campaign. Take part in the most iconic North Atlantic naval operation and decorate your ships with special camouflage.
The campaign mirrors the events of May 1941, with seven missions, (containing eight tasks each,) based on the remarkable chase. Take part in operation Rheinübung, avenge the destruction of British battlecruiser HMS Hood, take ships of different classes into battle against German raiders, and more!
For each task you complete you’ll get a special Container available only during the campaign. which may contain collection items, special Signal Flags and exclusive camo.
Join the Public Test on May 2 and work to complete the test version of “Hunt for Bismarck!”
During the Public Test, mission completion criteria will be simpler than on the live server. This is to facilitate campaign completion and test deployment of final rewards (by the way, the final reward selection is subject to change).
New Camo Type
A new camo provides the same effects as regular camo, but changes a ship’s exterior.
We’ve reworked the menu section dedicated to campaigns:
- Added a mission carousel to the campaigns window to ease transition between tasks
- Now, you’ll see new campaigns first and they’ll be marked with a special sign
- By clicking “Collect Reward,” you’ll be taken to the screen showing the task you completed first to increase the convenience of the selection of subsequent mission tasks
- You’ll be able to see the reward when you hover over the “Collect Your Reward” button
- Press Esc. to get back to Port from any campaign window
- When you double-click on a task, you won’t see a hint, and the task will be transferred to the list of tasks for completion
- Check out the “Hunt for Bismarck” campaign to see historic descriptions for each mission, or the whole campaign
- Stars replace the pins issued to players for successful completion of tasks. This change won’t affect any campaign mechanics
We’re adding a new option to hide or display additional content like the Dragon ship or special camo. You can find the menu with this option can be found above the ship carousel. Now players can adjust displaying the content as they want:
- You can choose to set no restrictions and show all in-game content, or you can choose to hide all in-game content in the Port
- After hiding the content, all unique ships will display as regular ships in battle; their Commanders will look like other Commanders, but still are only recruited only on unique ships
- You can display unique ships in the Port and hide only their camo, but after you hide the camo, all unique ships will be displayed in battle as regular ships
Apart from that, all signal flags will now be divided into three groups:
New special signals are available in game:
|Image||Flag Name||Flag Effect|
|Red Dragon||+100% to XP
+100% to Commander XP
|Ouroboros||+777% to Free XP|
|Hydra||+50% to XP
+150% to Commander XP,
+250% to Free XP