Thanks to Carnotzet.
1. It seems that the people behind the ranked battles matchmaker only play DD’s, don’t play the game or are too busy developing AAA MMO games to even care.
Since we’re nearly through 4 seasons of ranked battles, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts about it and what you plan for the future.
A. All my colleagues and myself that played ranked battles share your pain (that having different ship classes composition between the teams is painful). The RB matchmaker does indeed have some problems. They will soon be resolved when we will implement the new matchmaker (that was introduced in 0.5.8 in random battles) in this mode as well.
2. Permanent camouflages are way overpriced. Wouldn’t it be better to allow players to put them on different ships ?
A. Permanent camouflages are designed for the players who desire to keep one ship. We don’t plan to allow players to put them on other ships or change the way they work or are sold. They were first introduced as a special “feature” to those interested to play on a single ship for a long time. Moreover, most of the bonuses they give can be found on camouflages that can be bought with silvers so I don’t think we can speak about them being “overpriced”.
3. In WoT, players are rewarded for spotting enemies whereas in WoWs, they aren’t. Wouldn’t be fair to reward those who allow other players to inflict damage by spotting enemies for them ?
A. We would really like to do it. Beginning with patch 0.5.9, we will start collecting server data regarding teamplay actions such as spotting and tanking. This data will help us set an economical reward for such actions in the future (hopefully not so far future). However, it’s important to remember that in doing so, we don’t plan to improve economic gains. When rewards for such actions will be implemented, the economy will take them into account when calculating final rewards and thus economical gains will remain as they were previously.
4. I have more than 2 million experience points that can be converted into free xp. Could you add another use for that experience ?
A.We don’t plan to. The convertible experience you accumulated is a resource that doesn’t force to do anything with it. Either you convert it, either you wait for another use for it to appear (as said before, currently, we don’t plan to do that), or you don’t do anything with it. There’s nothing wrong with that.
1. I read your comments about the 283 vs 380 mm Gneisenau discussion. For me, it seems you’re saying that 155 mm Mogami is an unplayable trashcan and thus 283 mm Scharnhorst will also be an unplayable trashcan.
Just make 155 mm Mogami a premium ship so she can at least make some profits. Why wouldn’t you equip both Scharnhorst and Gneisenau with 283 mm guns but give Scharhorst 1.5X defensive fire for 20-30 seconds. She would thus sill be different and players would buy her. All in all, I’m less and less willing to buy Scharnhorst.
Are we stuck in a battle without alternatives ?
A. Mogami was a bad example. The fact that she has the option to sport 155 mm guns is fine from a historical standpoint but it’s a mistake from a gameplay standpoint. I explained the reason for this. And to deliberately repeat one’s mistake is not the best course of action.
If you read my explanation, you must be aware that balance comes before historical accuracy. This reflects our general thought process.
I will also add that you should not make premature conclusions regarding the effectiveness of ships that are still being tested. For now and from what the tests have shown, Scharnhorst is too performant and it’s unlikely it will be released in her current state. We will slightly tweak her and test her once more.