Seb: I was about to post this 8 hours ago, but I got a surprise blue-screen.
Thanks to Carnotzet.
It seems WG is trying a new “offer”. Very experienced WoT players are getting 1 million free exp to use in WoWs. So, it wasn’t long until players started to complain that it would be bad for the game. Following WG logic – they don’t want to sell Saipan to everyone because inexperienced players would harm other players’ game experience -, the poster states that with 1 million free xp, a player could easily rush his way to a tier 8 or 9 CV.
Vallter_ responds that this offer will only concern a handful of people (several hundreds at most) and among those, only a dozen would directly buy a tier 9 or 10 CV (or they could not do that at all).
It is an experimental offer which goal is to see how the players who are tired of grinding react to it. Players who fought tens of thousands of battles. This offer was send to a handful of players as part of the experiment.
If it’s conclusive, they will expand the offer to more players. And tank players won’t be the only ones receiving it.
1. The Nürnberg seems to sit too high on the water.
Looking at historical pictures, I did not see the stern rising above the water.
Is this a model error?
A. There aren’t any mistakes with the model. The problem you noticed comes from three factors:
- the specifics linked to the implementation of swaying;
- the camera short zoom focus;
- the design waterline.
We will look into setting her slightly lower in the water in order to make everything seem logical.
2. In patch 0.5.3., Tirpitz’s AA range was greatly reduced. Before the patch, 105mm guns had a 5km range, now, they only have 4.5km. Taking into account captain skills and upgrades, the difference is even greater. Why did you “stealth” nerf this ship AA?
A. Changes made to AA were part of broader balance changes. After these changes were made, Tirpitz was shooting down 1.1 more planes in average per battle [so, for instance, instead of shooting down 6 planes, she would shoot down 7.1 – by the way, these stats are totally made up and are only here to clarify the answer]. However, I understand your question, this change wasn’t mentioned in the patchnotes and thus wasn’t well received. Please accept my apologies for that. Regarding Tirpitz’s AA range, we’ll look into it.
3. In the official video presenting Warspite, it is said she can heal 100% of her citadel damage, but, in reality, she can’t. Why?
A. It’s a mistake in the video. It (the video) will be removed from the shop page. Thank you for noticing it; to thank you, we’ll send you a discount code for the tier 8 ship of your choice.
4. Warspite seems to have extremely bad armour that can be penned by anything. Have you checked if there isn’t any bug regarding her armour?
A. We checked and rechecked and nothing is wrong with her armour.
5. Why is Imperator Nikolai always bottom tier and always fight tier 6 ships? Is it intended as a kind of stealth nerf?
A. No. The tier of the battle you’re drafted in is always random, except when you’re top or bottom tier several times in a row. Nikolai doesn’t need any nerf since we won’t sell it anymore.
6. Please explain how you do indirect nerfs to premium ships. Which premium ships were nerfed and what were the nerfs about?
A. We try to detail every change we make in an update as much as possible, and we understand we must be very careful when it comes to premium ships characteristics. We inform players about all the changes we find that weren’t included in a patch note. I’m confident we will soon be able to release complete patch notes we’ll not have to edit.
7. Why can’t CV’s be detonated when a shell hits an ammo rack or a fuel tank?
A. The reason behind it is that CV’s are more likely to be set on fire and take more damage from fires.
8. Why does spotting not reward xp or credits? If this mechanics was introduced, you could lower DD’s and CV’s torpedo damage and they would still get the same amount of xp and credits due to spotting.
A. Because, currently, the game doesn’t need such mechanics. The development of spotting (and tanking) mechanics is on our plans, but our long-term plans. At the moment, our priority is to solve the current shortcomings of the game.
9. Firing on ships behind island is a bit wonky, do you plan to fix that?
A. We’re aware of this issue and plan to fix it. The system doesn’t always register the player wants to shoot over the island.
10. HE shells can set ships on fire without actually doing any damage. Is it normal or is it a bug?
A. It’s how it works. HE shells can set fires without doing damage.
11. What design characteristics are taken into account to calculate the normalisation of each type of shell?
A. The normalisation is calculated similarly for all types of shells. We don’t really rely on design characteristics.
12. My stats are hidden but my karma is still showing on statistics sites such as http://proships.ru. In one of his videos, the founder of that site said he wanted to implement a potato meter based on karma. Why does karma can be seen even when stats are hidden?
A. We don’t intend to hide players karma. A potato meter based on karma is….how to put it…questionable.
13. On several maps, I get stuck on island several meters before touching the shore. Will you fix this issue?
A. If you get stuck (and cannot free yourself) on a map, it’s a problem with the game. I advise you to take a screenshot of the location where you got stuck and send it to the Customer Service. We will then fix it.